Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 21258

About a month ago lost a ball in the thick rough on the 10th at RSD, yesterday helping son finding his ball there, I walked on my long lost ball. Happy Days, so I thought....

The irritation was that I hit it off the tee on the 13th as a provisional ball, for it to fly back into thick rough and lost it! doh

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My new Cobra irons have turned. Two irritations with them.

They have come with different shafts installed. Why, I have no idea. Since they are a blind guess anyway, it probably won't make much difference, as the original spec may be better, or worse than the new, who knows?

I have banjaxxed my right knee, and have cancelled golf tomorrow and Friday. I have a buggy booked for the weekend, assuming I can play by then. It would have been nice to have a whack before going live though.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Knocking it close on a hole, missing the birdie putt and then having one of your playing partners say "good par though". No it wasn't. It was a missed birdie chance. Just because you are happy with a 4 for 3 doesn't mean everyone else is.

Then him doing it about six more times in the round even when I was putting from 20 feet away.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Narrow fairways (given my dispersion!).
Inconsistent green speeds from one green to another.
Membership politics.
Arrogant golfers.
"There's no way you're a X handicapper" when you're having a good day (and still only shooting handicap!) and they are having a bad day.
Lost ball rough immediately of the fairway.
Tee boxes that only suit a single shot shape - that's not straight.
Daisies on the fairway.
Our shrinking 13th green - getting narrower every year!

Wolf

Visit site
Clover patches in the rough so thick and deep soon as you know it's headed there you may as well reload as it's like looking for a needle in the Congolese jungle 😒

Our rough is rife with it at the moment and getting worse.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
In my driveway and loading my gear into my car for third time that week as per most weeks and my neighbor chirping up "Oh, are you off to play golf?"
"No I fancied a game of netball......................" Grrrr..... But they are lovely people!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
my son in law- been playing properly for just over a year and today went for his 3rd driver fitting and shock horror he’s been fitted for something different - a TS2 as opposed to the rogue which replaced a cobra.
He doesn’t agree that lessons will be better than dropping £400 on a new bat when his swing isn’t reliable or repetitive

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my son in law- been playing properly for just over a year and today went for his 3rd driver fitting and shock horror he’s been fitted for something different - a TS2 as opposed to the rogue which replaced a cobra.
He doesn’t agree that lessons will be better than dropping £400 on a new bat when his swing isn’t reliable or repetitive
Thanks Dad, very kind words. You got me bang to righrs😜😂👍

Wolf

Visit site
Today was meant to have a fitting session at my club for a new utility iron as want something for off the tee that offers a different option. Booked my slot for this afternoon turn up to club half hour early to warm up to see the fitter that had been brought in to host a day of fitting by the Pro. Only to see him packing up and driving off home. Go and see pro he says oh he wanted an early finish so I said not to worry about your fitting as we can do it another day. No we can't because this was an agreed time that I specifically had to book to get, I was going to make the purchase through my Pro who has now lost my business and quite possibly a lot of potential future business as he simply thought I didn't matter...

Wolf

Visit site
Oh and the club taking society bookings that coincide with the tee times for our weekly midweek 9 hole comp. Meaning it took 2 1/2hrs for 9 holes today then they wondered why so many people were literally walking off the course with the hump and complaining.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hurting your back mid-round and still going up 0.1.
Welcome to the bad back club. Been up since 5.00am to do my physio exercises before work in a bid to be able to hit a few balls before Addington and Sunningdale next week but still feels as brittle as anything and could go at any second. Hope your injury isn't too bad and you can get back out and play soon but take it easy and these things can escalate as I've found out

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kicking the bathroom door when rushing to get the door bell

Feels like my toe is broken, gone purple lol

Golf tomorrow shall be fun