Golf Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My physio asked me to play in a charity golf day today with him, a thanks for all the work I give him 🤣

Beautiful yesterday, ok this morning

Peeing down. For rest of afternoon

This shall be interesting

Is it cheating for your team mate to pop your back on the way round?

sjw

Visit site
My physio asked me to play in a charity golf day today with him, a thanks for all the work I give him 🤣

Beautiful yesterday, ok this morning

Peeing down. For rest of afternoon

This shall be interesting

Is it cheating for your team mate to pop your back on the way round?
iu

I'd say not!

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm due to be playing at one of my favourite courses tomorrow, Oakdale in Harrogate. 11.30 tee off time. Ah well :cry:

View attachment 53407
Was due to play in a charity comp at our place tomorrow, but as luck would have it, had to drop out last week as something came up.

We are booked for the Open at Ponteland on Thursday, heavy rain forecast for the morning, we are not teeing off until lunchtime, so hopefully we will miss the worst of it. It is 48 hours away, so could potentially go either way.

sunshine

Visit site
Are you a 7 day member?

If you are playing in knockouts you should be able to make yourself available on a weekday to play, in the same way retired people should make themselves available at the weekend. It works both ways.

That’s not the same at all. Retired people are still retired at the weekend, and they are usually playing golf.

Visit site
Played in a 36 hole stableford on Sunday, 3rd biggest comp of the year. The course setup was pretty brutal, pins in all the championship spots, firm and fast…

I shot 69 pts. +15 gross over 36 holes.

I 3 putted 12 times and had 75 putts out of 155 shots. The annoying thing is, I putted well for the first 9 holes or so (just 1 3 putt), but burnt the edge with several good putts and just couldn’t get anything to go in. And then the yips kicked in for the first time in a year and first time since a lesson and grip change.

Frustrating as that’s clearly A grade tee to green, probs as good as I’ve ever been, and then end up with it being pretty destructive.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
That’s not the same at all. Retired people are still retired at the weekend, and they are usually playing golf.

That’s not really what I’m disputing. I’m just saying that if you are a 7 day member, you should be available to play on any day of the week to get the match played.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s not really what I’m disputing. I’m just saying that if you are a 7 day member, you should be available to play on any day of the week to get the match played.
Yeah you're right, I really should have gone for the 2-day weekend membership option shouldn't I? Oh wait, that doesn't exist so you're talking absolute nonsense. 😂

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Think what @SteveW86 is saying that when it comes to KO arranging it’s always about compromise- golf clubs now have members that work weekends and play during the week so with our KO rules it’s clear that all players are reminded that the must be willing to play both at the weekend and weekdays to ensure all members have a chance

And when it comes to the summer there is more than enough daylight after every day to fit in KO matches

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I couldn't enter any of the seniors knockouts as they now stipulate they have to be played weekdays only. Hardly fair when you hit 55 and are still working and most of those that are retired refuse to play in the late afternoon as "they always play in the mornings". I'm not taking annual leave for it

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think what @SteveW86 is saying that when it comes to KO arranging it’s always about compromise- golf clubs now have members that work weekends and play during the week so with our KO rules it’s clear that all players are reminded that the must be willing to play both at the weekend and weekdays to ensure all members have a chance

And when it comes to the summer there is more than enough daylight after every day to fit in KO matches

Surely the post work ko depends on your job? Being field based for the for all of may (up until 17th) I got home on time once, this is either by road closures/works, traffic.. etc etc etc.

I’ve learned that trying to enter both doubles and singles at the same time is a ball ache and rarely works. Doubles in the winter as less people on holidays etc, singles in the summer as they time allows more flexibility

. @Orichops, if you can’t slot in post work games I’d suggesting making a choice of either or as clearly both doesn’t work.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely the post work ko depends on your job? Being field based for the for all of may (up until 17th) I got home on time once, this is either by road closures/works, traffic.. etc etc etc.

I’ve learned that trying to enter both doubles and singles at the same time is a ball ache and rarely works. Doubles in the winter as less people on holidays etc, singles in the summer as they time allows more flexibility

. @Orichops, if you can’t slot in post work games I’d suggesting making a choice of either or as clearly both doesn’t work.
It works absolutely fine, all three of my matches are arranged now without too much issue. 😄 As usual the discussion just snowballed on here though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyway, a new irritation. I love County Golf as much as anyone but who do they think they're kidding when they announce 'TOP BRANDS' on sale, and you open the email and it's Ben Hogan and Cutter & Buck. Jog on. 😆

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doesn’t that just equate to you always being right and everyone else being wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️
If you like? Never said I wouldn't play in the week if it came to it, just that it's difficult. Exactly what you said in your post above in fact, so I've no idea why you'd have a pop at me when you said the same thing. But that seems to be your favourite pastime these days.