Golf Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
When an Ebay purchase arrives and you get excited by the fact that the bag's pockets are bulging only to find masses of useless balls and not a single Polo mint or confectionary of any kind.

Some nice tees and ball markers however.

Posting for a friend. ;)

01.jpg 03.jpg Royal Bank Of Scotland.

02.JPG Very apt ball marker - don't you think? :giggle:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
When an Ebay purchase arrives and you get excited by the fact that the bag's pockets are bulging only to find masses of useless balls and not a single Polo mint or confectionary of any kind.

Some nice tees and ball markers however.

Posting for a friend. ;)

View attachment 47772 Royal Bank Of Scotland.

Very apt ball marker - don't you think? :giggle:

I'm sure I had an RBS pitchmark repairer like that in blue years ago.

The Tennents towel will certainly be getting an airing on the course, I remember when most golfers had a beer towel on their bag.

Not sure about wearing the glove though.... 😷

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I too was gong to moan about the grass where I play but then I went out to mow my own 12" deep lawn that is 10" of growth in two weeks.

My biggest moan is about the fact that the head greenkeeper is now shaping fairways to favour big hitting drawers of the golf ball.
At least two fairways with nearly a 200 yard carry to make the fairway and the 2nd hardest hole on the course now has no fairway for shorter hitters as the only bit now cut to fairway height is on a very steep side slope and the ball always ends up in the rough.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

MACM85

Visit site
Trying to arrange a fourball knockout - Contacted my oppo 15th of April as soon as the draw was made. Response received saying other guy is away will come back to you shortly, Fast forward a month, No response, Send a chaser and finally receive a reply saying we can do midweeks between 2-4pm, in the original email advised we work so weekdays are not an option plus my partner and his are away at the end of the month.

Contact the competition secretary and he is like can you not do a weekday? I said perhaps if we were contacted with sufficient time we could have sorted something work wise but not with a week to go before the deadline. If this goes to a coin toss I won't be impressed

sjw

Visit site
Being 160 yards from the pin, crushing a 7 iron almost too well, watching it bounce pin high and bobble off the back, only to rock up and find it 40 yards further on the next fairway.

200 yards, that 7 iron went. This is off the back of last week when the course was so wet it wasn't allowing trollies, now I've got perfect iron shots being rudely rejected by unreceptive greens!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sure I had an RBS pitchmark repairer like that in blue years ago.

The Tennents towel will certainly be getting an airing on the course, I remember when most golfers had a beer towel on their bag.

Not sure about wearing the glove though.... 😷
Way back in the day when I was a student working summers in a pub I found myself with one of these Tennent’s ones…👍

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Back up to 14.4 index after some recent stroke play comps have broken me :ROFLMAO:

The 2 9's on Saturday are still in my head.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back up to 14.4 index after some recent stroke play comps have broken me :ROFLMAO:

The way I've been playing I'd happily take some more shots right now. Sadly my next round is the mixed foursomes cup where I'm partnered with the new captain. Could not have come at a worse time really.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The way I've been playing I'd happily take some more shots right now. Sadly my next round is the mixed foursomes cup where I'm partnered with the new captain. Could not have come at a worse time really.

Ill take the shots, I need them!

Just annoyed that I was playing so solidly and one bad shot on the 6th (from the middle of the fairway after my best drive for a while) caused a lost ball.

Driver has been a very naughty boy recently too :ROFLMAO: (that's what caused the second 9)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ill take the shots, I need them!

Just annoyed that I was playing so solidly and one bad shot on the 6th (from the middle of the fairway after my best drive for a while) caused a lost ball.

Driver has been a very naughty boy recently too :ROFLMAO: (that's what caused the second 9)
My irritation is that I can't work out what's going wrong. Most recent round excluded, I had been striking the ball well I thought, but the scores was just woeful. It's like every little thing that could go wrong, does go wrong, and it costs me like 3 shots into the bargain. Just getting punished endlessly.

NeilV

Visit site
Big society out in front of us yesterday, and they had no intention of letting anyone through. 5 hour round, and to cap it all one of the lads in the group in front was having an absolute nightmare. His mates had abandoned him and were more or less playing their own game a shot ahead of him. We'd walk up to the tee or to the next shot and think we had some room to play, and he'd pop out of the trees like a bloody squirrel. At least leave a bag or a trolley or something in view! The first time it happened we both hit our tee shots past him while his mates were all putting out. We had to have a careful count up of heads from there on.

And don't even get me started on the management decision that prioritises society money ahead of members on a weekend!

sjw

Visit site

After my round yesterday I take great consolation in hearing that a 14 capper is putting 9s on their card, so thanks :)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm intrigued and need more information. How does a 1 Hc golfer come to think he gets shots on SI 4 & 5. Are you a +7 golfer, were you giving him shots? What about SI 2 & 3?
i have no idea what he was thinking about and all his other stableford scores were correct.
it was only in the swindle so not a "proper" comp but this guy has been known to be less than truthfull - like hitting a ball into the middle of a pond and finding "his" ball on the bank

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
After my round yesterday I take great consolation in hearing that a 14 capper is putting 9s on their card, so thanks :)

My pleasure!

A 10 handicapper I played with had a 10 on a par 5 too!

Happens to everyone at times - even Tiger!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was putting a Supp. Score in today. had a guy attesting and whilst he got 2 score wrong all was OK.

In the bar afterwards after I entered on EG AppI asked the ‘marker’ to verify. This know all, ex Director of Club and Handicap's said you need the card, need to enter on The Computer and was beginning to give me hassle and I asked whether he was an Auditor!.

I had 31 points so irrelevant score. I skied him whether he knew hoe to complete a Supplementary score and his reply was No.

I walked away

D

Deleted member 18121

Played Redlibbets on Friday... Just over 3 hours for 9 holes.

Got there early for lunch and saw approx 20 people standing on the first tee at all times waiting to go off. One of the staff had the cheek on the 13th/14th to come and check we were playing on time.... Unreal.