Golf Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Caddying yesterday, just putting the guys driver in the bag, when, whack, hit by a ball hard, luckily it hit my range finder in my bib pocket, smashed it. Woman came over to apologise, none of us heard a shout. I suppose I should be thankful I didn't get hurt, but cost me my range finder in the process. She said they would sort me out after the round, but no sign of them after, looked in the bar , car gone too.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm in need of (another) carry bag, I know what I want, its this big max: Gorgeous and can't now be unseen...
(I reckon I have about as much chance of getting one round these parts as there is of Mel & Phil conceding a point to each other)

big-max-aqua-seven-golf-stand-bag-merlot_1.png

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing away in a club seniors match … coming to the 17th one hole down, but I get a shot … only for me to completely louse it up. Sadly my partner found a bunker with his drive and so we lost 2&1. Enjoyable game, and not the end of the world, but I had a shot, dammit!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If Foursomes is supposed to be a relatively quick format, why did the 4 clowns in front of us lose 2 holes on the 3 ball in front of them, make us wait on virtually every shot and cause us to take 2 hours for our back 9..as a 2 ball....?
Bunch of muppets....

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Caddying yesterday, just putting the guys driver in the bag, when, whack, hit by a ball hard, luckily it hit my range finder in my bib pocket, smashed it. Woman came over to apologise, none of us heard a shout. I suppose I should be thankful I didn't get hurt, but cost me my range finder in the process. She said they would sort me out after the round, but no sign of them after, looked in the bar , car gone too.
Do the club not have contact details?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
This is a weird one. I played an event yesterday where the grass on the 1st tee was longer than the second cut of rough. It's a shortish hole so I wanted to hit a hybrid off the tee - no chance because the ball was buried. I ended up hitting driver just so I could tee it high but even then only the very top of the ball was above the grass. Just bizarre!

As it was the tee, you'd have been able to tread down the grass and make a flatter area for your swing and to tee your ball.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats a shocker Patrick, main thing is you never got hurt.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Course closed today, Thursday and Friday as we are hosting the Clutch Pro Tour. And the weather is set very fair…perfect golfing weather - butnI didn’t manage to get one of the courtesies and reciprocals available to us. Damn. At least the course will be looking nice in the sunshine and the pros won’t be wrapped up in their winter woolies or waterproofs.

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
But I sure you could check with the starter and find out who they were unless they were Shermans....

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played with a bloke yesterday who was late on every tee foraging in his bag for a tee peg. He then returned the tee to his bag. A few holes in i asked why he didn't put the tee in his pocket. He looked shocked and replied that he'd once caught his finger nail in the end of a tee doing that 😳

He was also great at hiding the scorecard and pencil in the bag too.

I later learned that his mates call him "Battery. " cos he's "Never Ready!" He's now on the avoid list

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Heavens opened 2 minutes before my tee time and lashed it down with thunder added until I decided it wasn't to be
5 miles away and it's glorious sunshine