Golf Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Every time I get a 2 in a comp, so does the world and his wife! Find out the value tomorrow, not expecting much!
I got one of only two 2s in the comp yesterday. Only for reasons I can’t remember. I didn’t press yes when asked if I’d like to enter the 2s sweep ?‍♂️

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve booked tomorrow off to play at my new club.
At 3pm one of my clients, after 6 weeks of chasing, decides that 9am tomorrow is when they want a zoom call with insurers
Looks like I’ll just be doing 9 holes as I’ve got an interview at 2.30

sunshine

Visit site
Dull, windy and cold weather. Been like this for weeks and frankly sick of it. Was intending to play today but more of the same weather so binned it off.

30 mph winds on Tuesday and Thursday when I'm due to play again with no sign of any sun so more of the same..... :mad::mad::mad:

Would be nice to play without a jacket on at some stage this season.......

Isn’t that just what happens when you live in the north west? ?

It’s been at least 22 degrees every day for the last week down south, shorts on the golf course and I noticed everyone at work this morning with tanned / red faces. This doesn’t help your irritation- sorry ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Isn’t that just what happens when you live in the north west? ?

It’s been at least 22 degrees every day for the last week down south, shorts on the golf course and I noticed everyone at work this morning with tanned / red faces. This doesn’t help your irritation- sorry ?

Temps in the 20's is way too hot for me but would kill for 15 degrees...
12ish degrees the next few days but feeling cooler apparently and winds above 20 mph gusting to 30 mph, lovely.....

Enjoy you skin turning to leather ;):p

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’m able to get out of a bunker far easier and with more predictability of distance with my 50 gap wedge than I can with the 56 SW, I've even dropped the SW from the bag for the last couple of rounds o_O

(maybe it has something to do with the GW being a ‘proper’ bladed wedge while the SW is part of the GI iron set):unsure:

D

Deleted member 3432

Gor a group of visitors including a Liverpool footballer playing off our white tees backing the course up FFS.
Should be off the yellows like the rest of us and they may reach fairway

D

Deleted member 3432

Gor a group of visitors including a Liverpool footballer playing off our white tees backing the course up FFS.
Should be off the yellows like the rest of us and they may reach fairway

Lost the will to live and walked in, heading to the practice ground as all the waiting around has buggered up my swing :mad:

D

Deleted member 3432

Well....it hasn't really though, has it ? Swing never goes wrong when there is no waiting ?

Certainly did today, cold, 3 club wind and waiting on every shot after 4th hole wrecked my game.
Now soaked to the skin and frozen after heavy shower on practice ground with wind picking up by a couple of clubs more. Fantastic day...:mad:

sjw

Visit site
Saw a bloke who'd chipped about 30 balls onto the practice putting green this morning… & he did it standing right next to the ‘No Chipping’ sign

Lol, I'm really new here (and to golf, in the grand scheme of things). I was just reading the first few pages of this thread and I saw you posting about this back in July 2019!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Lol, I'm really new here (and to golf, in the grand scheme of things). I was just reading the first few pages of this thread and I saw you posting about this back in July 2019!!

Didn't remember I'd already done that one :whistle:... Anyway this was a different bloke ;)

Its weird though, I've no problem sharing knowledge or info with them if someone's doing something wrong etc but he must have to be pretty brazen to know chipping is not allowed then either; believe no one will challenge him &/or not care if he does get challenged... that's a special kind of eejit

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Didn't remember I'd already done that one :whistle:... Anyway this was a different bloke ;)

Its weird though, I've no problem sharing knowledge or info with them if someone's doing something wrong etc but he must have to be pretty brazen to know chipping is not allowed then either; believe no one will challenge him &/or not care if he does get challenged... that's a special kind of eejit
So did you point out the sign then….?

Mandofred

Visit site
Twice balls came zooming past us from nearby fairways today....not a shout to be heard. Both groups were younger folks. I yelled fore on the first one (blind tee shot over a hill) after the near miss.......he wouldn't look in our direction at all...

And.....I'm really getting sick of raking other peoples footprints out of the sand....it's getting worse.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I appear to have lost my Titleist Vokey 50° wedge. Got to the 3rd green, wanted it for a chip and it wasnt in my bag!
Its not been handed in as of yet and I can't guess how it's gone missing , more than "randomly irritated " as it's my go to club for most short game shots.

Mandofred

Visit site
I appear to have lost my Titleist Vokey 50° wedge. Got to the 3rd green, wanted it for a chip and it wasnt in my bag!
Its not been handed in as of yet and I can't guess how it's gone missing , more than "randomly irritated " as it's my go to club for most short game shots.
I find that Cleveland wedges stay in your bag better....;). And....I quite like my 50 cleveland cbx wedge as well.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So did you point out the sign then….?

God no

If there was no sign I'd definitely mention that the short game practice area is round the corner etc etc but there's no doubt it was being done deliberately... despite the sign

Pointing out a sign that's at his feet is just asking for a confrontation he didn't expect or care about when he chose to chip