Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Absolutely. This year I have played a lot of 4BBB match play for my club’s seniors against other clubs. Quite a lot of gimmes depending on the state of the game. Today I played in a club stableford comp and missed TWO short putts that could, in a match play situation, have been gimmes. Out of practice! The trouble is that, if in a match our opponents say “take it away” and I say “no thanks, I will putt out as I need the practice”, my partner is not going to be too pleased if I miss! ??
If they've already given it then they can't take it back if you miss

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Absolutely. This year I have played a lot of 4BBB match play for my club’s seniors against other clubs. Quite a lot of gimmes depending on the state of the game. Today I played in a club stableford comp and missed TWO short putts that could, in a match play situation, have been gimmes. Out of practice! The trouble is that, if in a match our opponents say “take it away” and I say “no thanks, I will putt out as I need the practice”, my partner is not going to be too pleased if I miss! ??

Once given, a putt is given.
You can just say "I'll putt out for practice anyway" (Unless your putt will help your partner in which case your opponents are within their rights to prevent you holing out)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Tyrell Hatton. Anyone slamming his putter into the green in any event shows complete contempt for his fellow competitors.

It’s about time he grew up and left his brattish behaviour behind him.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
After sticking two balls into the graveyard (figuratively & literally) from the first tee in a match, then the gulp as I realise on the 2nd tee I only have 4 balls left in the bag ? Game could be over early if I don't pull my finger out!
Thankfully did, won 3&1, and team won also ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Playing in a comp yesterday and the group in front losing 3 holes on those in front of them by the 3rd and by the back 9 no-one in sight so at least 5 holes. Starter said the group in front finished an hour in front. Not happy was caddying at 1.30 so had to walk off straight onto the 1st tee without a sec to spare. FYI it was a foursomes stroke play comp.

D

Deleted member 3432

Dull, windy and cold weather. Been like this for weeks and frankly sick of it. Was intending to play today but more of the same weather so binned it off.

30 mph winds on Tuesday and Thursday when I'm due to play again with no sign of any sun so more of the same..... :mad::mad::mad:

Would be nice to play without a jacket on at some stage this season.......

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dull, windy and cold weather. Been like this for weeks and frankly sick of it. Was intending to play today but more of the same weather so binned it off.

30 mph winds on Tuesday and Thursday when I'm due to play again with no sign of any sun so more of the same..... :mad::mad::mad:

Would be nice to play without a jacket on at some stage this season.......
Been nice here for the last few weeks, windy though. Wednesday was gusting to 40mph at times in the morning then flat calm in the afternoon. Strangely it's been much less windy in the afternoons, it's usually the other way round.

D

Deleted member 3432

Been nice here for the last few weeks, windy though. Wednesday was gusting to 40mph at times in the morning then flat calm in the afternoon. Strangely it's been much less windy in the afternoons, it's usually the other way round.
Don't mind the wind if there is some warmth in the sun, just not seen any sun or warm weather.

Not helping that any comp golf I've played has meant playing late afternoon which has been the wrong time play.

This time last year was lovely but this season is crap so far which is a shame as the course is in great nick.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Don't mind the wind if there is some warmth in the sun, just not seen any sun or warm weather.

Not helping that any comp golf I've played has meant playing late afternoon which has been the wrong time play.

This time last year was lovely but this season is crap so far which is a shame as the course is in great nick.
Not looking good for next week here anyway local guy is saying temps dropping back to sub 10 deg.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Couple of fellas thinking they can monpolise the practice putting green, taking most of the flags out, dropping tees into mark their distances etc

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guy today in the group in front lost his ball and came back to the tee in a medal to hit another one. Said he had hit it in the fairway but no sign of it.
We tee off as well and walk down with him to join his two mates who are going to let us through.
They then find his ball in the middle of the fairway amongst a clump of daisies.
Guy then swears blind that it cannot be a lost ball because it was on the fairway and not lost and that he can carry on playing two. Irrespective of walking back having declared it lost and hitting another one.
Even his two mates tell him he cannot do it.
Eventually after starting to swear at everyone, he picks the two balls up and storms off the course.

Brilliant and terrible on so many levels.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played a nice local course on Friday, texas scramble with 3 drives required for each player.
I have to say it's the worst I've ever driven the ball, hooks and skying them, I had to take my 5 wood (which I was striping) to get my last 2 drives in.
A few weeks ago I was driving the best I ever have, now I can't even get it out there at all :oops: