Golf Random Irritations

Boomy

Visit site
Although football boots don't look like that any more! :D

samba.jpg

They did in my day lad ??? (I like those red adi’s)

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Turning up at my club at 8am for a seniors interclub match, only to find out that I was the reserve … despite the iG system saying that I had been selected.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Probably said before but it really annoys me when people I'm playing with comment on my shots "Simmer!" "That's got to sit" "That's a reload"

Yep I can see all of these things thanks and would rather you concentrate on your own triple bogey putt

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Coming to the conclusion ..again that multiple memberships are not worth it for me, Kings worked out a £40 per round , would have been cheaper to pay the green fee the number of times I played..

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Realising that three of the spikes on your five month old pair of Skechers are broken. :confused:
That's because Sketchers use the PINS spike mounting system, which is absolutely not fit for purpose. The spikes are held in by two tiny little plastic "wings" that break off far too easily. I can't fathom how its designers ever thought it made sense.

sunshine

Visit site
When your playing partners automatically say "good shot", "nice strike", or "good pick up" (by the way, WTF does that mean?) as soon as you hit the ball on every shot, when actually it was a terrible strike and then you watch it slice into the trees.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When your playing partners automatically say "good shot", "nice strike", or "good pick up" (by the way, WTF does that mean?) as soon as you hit the ball on every shot, when actually it was a terrible strike and then you watch it slice into the trees.

Know what you mean. I struck it poorly at the weekend but if it went forward and hit the fairway off the tee or hit the green on an approach the PP's would say "good shot". Not it wasn't. I got lucky and I know it wasn't right. I think a lot of players are ingrained to a degree to make a polite comment on their PP's shots

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being free to play again this weekend for the first time since Christmas but the forecast is for rain and 35 to 60 mph winds. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thing is, most often it is you alone who knows what you were looking to achieve and the sort of strike you looking to do to make the ball achieve that objective.

I can hit what looks like an excellent shot, but if it was not what I meant to do or if it came off the 'wrong' part of the clubhead then I should not be happy with the shot. I can accept the outcome and still not be happy with how I achieved it. And that is a very different mindset from how I used to think. But no onlooker is going to know any of that...they just see the outcome.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's because Sketchers use the PINS spike mounting system, which is absolutely not fit for purpose. The spikes are held in by two tiny little plastic "wings" that break off far too easily. I can't fathom how its designers ever thought it made sense.
I'm not sure, but it's the ends of the little spikes that are breaking. I think the material just isn't strong enough. (Photo attached.) Just annoying - I've tried to contact Skechers to see what they say about it. Worst of all, I just found out my missus bought them through Sports Direct who can be a bit of a pain to deal with.

Attachments

• spikesbroke.PNG
    spikesbroke.PNG
    411.6 KB · Views: 21

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm not sure, but it's the ends of the little spikes that are breaking. I think the material just isn't strong enough. (Photo attached.) Just annoying - I've tried to contact Skechers to see what they say about it. Worst of all, I just found out my missus bought them through Sports Direct who can be a bit of a pain to deal with.
To be honest, that's not going to cause you any problems with grip..I wouldnt worry about it and if you are then just get some replacements
Not worth the time or effort trying to get some softspikes out of SD.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest, that's not going to cause you any problems with grip..I wouldnt worry about it and if you are then just get some replacements
Not worth the time or effort trying to get some softspikes out of SD.
I just think it's shoddy that they've only lasted 5 months and three of them have broken like that? Wasn't going to bin them or anything if I don't get a decent response.

D

Deleted member 16999

I just think it's shoddy that they've only lasted 5 months and three of them have broken like that? Wasn't going to bin them or anything if I don't get a decent response.
Do you change your shoes in the car park or use them at the Driving Range? Unfortunately those spikes do not do well on tarmac etc, I found they didn’t last too long if subjected to too much concrete etc.