Golf Random Irritations

JGolfer

Visit site
Slow play yet again. Tee sheet was pretty full? Booked in 25 minutes after the latest tee time which was a ladies 3 ball.

Arrived and 1st and 2nd where empty as far as I could see, played first, tee shot down the second. Now it’s a dip, so you can’t see the green. Play up, there is the 3 ball just walking off the green.

Highlight of the day was watching the two ball behind me play 2 holes while I stood on a tee waiting for the 3 ball to play. After 7 holes and Around 2ish hours. I got fed up and walked off.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Open Competition which costs £25 and includes golf ball, bottle of water, bacon roll on arrival and pint after has amended the date and I am on holiday. Normal Green fee is around £200. Gutted is an understatement:mad::mad::mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One lad in our Thursday rollup - yet again racks up mid 40s+ pts and walks away with the dosh...but because we currently have a non-qualifying course (for WHS purposes) due to work being done on three holes and the Thursday rollup does not do any voluntary HI adjustment for rollup purposes when someone wins - this lad can keep on winning until the work is completed and the rollup round becomes a WHS qualifier. Not his fault of course.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always took the view that "changing shoes in the clubhouse" was to make members go there, which meant they were more likely to spend money on food, drink etc

After I forgot to pick up my golf shoes on an away day, which was too far to return and collect them ,I now always change them in the car park unless its somewhere we are showering and changing for food when I always take my gear back to my car before dining.
A few years ago when playing an away open at Mount Ellen GC [ now defunct ], someone mistakenly took my size 9 shoes from the locker room and left his size 7s :eek:.
I got them back 2 days later, how can anyone take 2 days to realise their shoes are 2 sizes too big :unsure:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A few years ago when playing an away open at Mount Ellen GC [ now defunct ], someone mistakenly took my size 9 shoes from the locker room and left his size 7s :eek:.
I got them back 2 days later, how can anyone take 2 days to realise their shoes are 2 sizes too big :unsure:
You were lucky! I might not have noticed for a week - the next time I expected to use them!

HeftyHacker

Visit site

Could be worse, we had an email go round asking people to check their powakaddys as someone had managed to go home with a different brand and model to the one they own ?.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Working hard this winter to try and get some handicap cuts. Game feels like it’s improving but not yet had any cards that show this improvement.

Played yesterday, couldn’t register a general play card as first four greens were temps. 39 points!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played this morning

1) Trolley battery flat and I had to push it round 18 holes. (see other thread)
2) I played with the "I can't possibly lose a castle tee off a mat" joker. Several times I am stood there want to hit and he is walking around in front of the tee looking for it. I even reached the green of a par 3, turn round and he was still there looking. Next time I see his name with mine on the start sheet, I am moving!
3) Other bloke stood next to me on the 13th tee as I was addressing the ball and phoned his wife to say he was stopping at the club! (New member, polite word was had)

Somehow we were still round in 3hrs 15mins!

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played this morning

1) Trolley battery flat and I had to push it round 18 holes. (see other thread)
2) I played with the "I can't possibly lose a castle tee off a mat" joker. Several times I am stood there want to hit and he is walking around in front of the tee looking for it. I even reached the green of a par 2, turn round and he was still there looking. Next time I see his name with mine on the start sheet, I am moving!
3) Other bloke stood next to me on the 13th tee as I was addressing the ball and phoned his wife to say he was stopping at the club! (New member, polite word was had)

Somehow we were still round in 3hrs 15mins!
A par 2?? What was this, crazy golf?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Tyrrell Hatton today....nothing was his fault.....

Isn’t that Hatton every day, though?

I’ve followed him a couple of times at events to see if he really is as bad as the press he sometimes gets. And he is. The man is a ticking time bomb on the golf course and his antics are, frankly, embarrassing.