Golf Random Irritations

Tinkerman

Visit site
2 up with 2 to play today. Had been playing really well. Complete blow ups on the last 2 holes to finish the match all square. Should've left the driver in the bag on both

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The seniors section at my place have a block booking on a Monday morning. Normally irrelevant to most other members because we are working. All except on a bank holiday when the block booking still stands, all to the irritation of the workers who actually have the day off but can't take advantage of it to play golf at the prime times. They can play any time but the booking can't be moved because 'that's the way it has always been' ?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
People who don't buy drinks when they get a hole in one :ROFLMAO:
An exceptionally good round is more gratifying than a hole-in-one.
Unless it made a difference in a head to head match, a hole-in-one is merely a novelty experience--sort of like finding a four leaf clover, but on a much grander scale.

I've never made one at my own club.
I made one on my very favorite local public course,
which has of course since become house lots,
and they didn't even have a liquor license.

I bought coffee and a hamburger or hot dog for whoever wanted one.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The seniors section at my place have a block booking on a Monday morning. Normally irrelevant to most other members because we are working. All except on a bank holiday when the block booking still stands, all to the irritation of the workers who actually have the day off but can't take advantage of it to play golf at the prime times. They can play any time but the booking can't be moved because 'that's the way it has always been' ?

Turn up and challenge them.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Having played poorly last week. Starting a round quite well, being just one over after 6 holes. And the one shot being a silly missed short putt because not concentrating. And then feeling something 'twang' in my righ for arm hitting my tee shot on 7. Which was quickly followed by a sharp pain.

I spent the rest of the round trying not to use my right arm as best I could. Pretty much just hitting chippy punch shots, and a lot of topps. And then getting wet through on the last 2 holes just to rub salt in the wounds.

Finally signing for a 92 ?.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Empty course this evening because a storm has just passed through - standing water on some greens but playable. No-one else on the course at all so racing round and get to the 14th. Out of the clubhouse comes a fourball, straight to the 15th tee and start playing in front of me. Held up all the way down 15 - get to the 16th tee just as they're walking off - not a word. So I just walked down the hole past them to 17 and played from there. I was finished on 17 before they even got to the tee. I get to the car park and one of the only cars in the car park is in the seniors' captain's space. Oh I do hope I get to play with him soon. I was almost really hoping one of them would say something about me by-passing them on 16.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Send in a proposal seconded by another member, stating your issues and solutions, in time for the next general meeting.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rummaging in my loft earlier today I discovered the card from my best ever round. Gross 71 against standard scratch of 70. Did it in 1988 off 10 H/cap. Was one under gross after 16 and bogeyed last two holes. Not sure what’s the more irritating, the two bogeys; that I did it off 10, or the fact that I haven’t improved on it in 33yrs. But there is plenty of time yet.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m a 28 and, in an inter-club pairs match on Monday, I played the first three holes like a 10. I’m not sure what our opponents were thinking, but they didn’t have to wait long to find out why I am a 28. ?
I can assure you, you are not alone in that situation. Many a time I have had an odd look after the first few holes and I just shrug my shoulders and suggest they reassess their opinion after 18 holes. Sadly, more often than not I prove them wrong in their early doubting of the accuracy of my h/c

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking to buy some new gloves so had a look on eBay
As you may know I am cursed in being a left hander so I ticked the box for left handed gloves and up popped gloves for your left hand.
So the obvious thing was to then tick for right handed gloves and what popped up?
Gloves for right handed golfers!

Reactions: D-S

Tinkerman

Visit site
Looking to buy some new gloves so had a look on eBay
As you may know I am cursed in being a left hander so I ticked the box for left handed gloves and up popped gloves for your left hand.
So the obvious thing was to then tick for right handed gloves and what popped up?
Gloves for right handed golfers!
I know your pain! What's worse is last month I ordered a right hand golf and a leg hand one turned up! I double checked my order and I had definitely ordered a right hand golf (for LH players) so got into the company. They did eventually send the correct one out but only after I sent the wrong back and chased them on it. Won't buy from them again

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This one isn't new
Its something that, I bet, we all have done at some point or do regularly
The phrase "I'll take that" after playing a good shot or decent recovery.
Of course you'll take it - you've got no option...stop it!