Golf Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf insurance company almost doubling the cost for this year. THEN, in response to my cancellation e mail, having the cheek to offer a deal of an extra 3 months insurance or 4 free rounds of golf.

Their current first years insurance offer is same a I paid last year, free golf balls and 3 free rounds of golf. Do they think people are mad?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must have played well to get to the 16th.

My partner is off 3, we were on fire. And didn’t get close ? I love foursomes as a format, but these guys were taking the proverbial with their approaches. 200 yards? No problem let me just stick that to 5 feet, and that was guy off 16! Tough to take. Move on. Scratch golf to look forward to soon ??

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My partner is off 3, we were on fire. And didn’t get close ? I love foursomes as a format, but these guys were taking the proverbial with their approaches. 200 yards? No problem let me just stick that to 5 feet, and that was guy off 16! Tough to take. Move on. Scratch golf to look forward to soon ??

A word with your H/C person I think.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s the nature of the game, every dog has his day .. you just don’t want to be on the receiving end of it. The handicap system just means the lower caps have more sunshine days, it is just they aren’t so outrageous as a higher handicappers .

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Garmin Approach DMD. Why will it never, ever, ever auto-advance from the 12th hole to 13th ??

Part way down 13th it says something like 226yds to the green. Doesnt look that much thinks I. Then I realise that's how far it is back to 12th green. It's fine everywhere else but always 'sticks'on the transition from 12th to 13th.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Garmin Approach DMD. Why will it never, ever, ever auto-advance from the 12th hole to 13th ??

Part way down 13th it says something like 226yds to the green. Doesnt look that much thinks I. Then I realise that's how far it is back to 12th green. It's fine everywhere else but always 'sticks'on the transition from 12th to 13th.
I put this down to GPS dropouts...we have 3 or 4 places where it won't auto advance.
Could also be the reason I've never had much joy with any tracking systems at our place either.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's actually a very good point. I wonder how many people are surprised to find they're not the only using a Titleist 1 with a single black dot.

That reminds me of something I mentioned on the forum before.

I had a word with one player about putting marking on his balls (he had none) and showed him mine, we were both playing the same make. Next time I played with him he had put markings on his balls identical to mine.o_O

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished putting the sensors for my shot scope on to my clubs. I don't know what they made the tops of the Champ golf grips from but it was one hell of a task.

once you go through the hole you are also trying to go through a few layers of tape which will have been twisted together.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golf insurance company almost doubling the cost for this year. THEN, in response to my cancellation e mail, having the cheek to offer a deal of an extra 3 months insurance or 4 free rounds of golf.

Their current first years insurance offer is same a I paid last year, free golf balls and 3 free rounds of golf. Do they think people are mad?

Have you looked at the deal from England Golf . In addition to the free Personal Liability Cover you already get they are now offering club cover for a small fee.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Mine never advances after the 10th, mainly down to a long line of very tall trees and it does not come in on the first until I have cleared a similar line of trees on that hole.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Maybe it's superstitious?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving 25 miles to play on Saturday, signing in to the pro Stableford competition and then getting a text 10 minutes before our tee time from both of the others in our 3 ball (who both live within 3 miles of the course) to say they are not going to play because the weather forecast is for continuous rain! :mad:

No other members around to join up with and verify my score, so played 9 as a single (with not a drop of rain), got let through a couple of two balls of beginners (y), caught up a line of four balls on the 9th so went to the range - still there was no rain!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not random but have had an e mail from a doubles opponent give us TWO dates when they are available. We've had a month go by since the fixture was drawn and have to play it by end on June and the dates given are in the LAST WEEK OF JUNE ! Muppets. I'm away then. I've fired a reply back, but OMG have I had to reign back what my response was.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Been absolutely glorious weather while I've been stuck inside working today - was out during my lunch hour photographing a couple of footballers and it was roasting - now started peeing down rain just when I was considering heading out onto one of the courses for a hit - hopefully doesn't last long and I can get out later.