Golf Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been absolutely glorious weather while I've been stuck inside working today - was out during my lunch hour photographing a couple of footballers and it was roasting - now started peeing down rain just when I was considering heading out onto one of the courses for a hit - hopefully doesn't last long and I can get out later.

Glorious????? Me and the wife "played" this morning. Cloudy and no rain at our house. Roads were soaked. That's odd. Got to the course. Steady rain. What the hell, we're here. So we set out. OMG Puddles everywhere. BIG puddles. Greens soaked with puddles. We lasted until the 9th. Nutz to it. We're off.

Glorious? Not here.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Glorious????? Me and the wife "played" this morning. Cloudy and no rain at our house. Roads were soaked. That's odd. Got to the course. Steady rain. What the hell, we're here. So we set out. OMG Puddles everywhere. BIG puddles. Greens soaked with puddles. We lasted until the 9th. Nutz to it. We're off.

Glorious? Not here.
Been absolutely gorgeous here over the weekend and this morning/early afternoon, and while it was cloudy for a couple of days before that we didn't have any rain - still raining a bit here now but it's due to go off before 6 so I should get out - forecast tomorrow is sunny spells with couple of showers.

It's got to be prolonged heavy rain (days of it) before we get puddles - and we don't do mud - links life

Unusually for here there is absolutely no wind at the moment.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are at the moment on a 5 day break staying only a few miles from Cromer. I have my bats with me having played on Tuesday with my lad in Chesterfield. I can get a post 4pm tee time at Royal Cromer for £40, and I’d love to play. But my golf is so very, depressingly rubbish at the moment I am conflicted as I would want to enjoy my round and the course...and it’s almost a dead cert that I’ll play rubbish and be miserable (not for the first time my Mrs would say). What to do...?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We are at the moment on a 5 day break staying only a few miles from Cromer. I have my bats with me having played on Tuesday with my lad in Chesterfield. I can get a post 4pm tee time at Royal Cromer for £40, and I’d love to play. But my golf is so very, depressingly rubbish at the moment I am conflicted as I would want to enjoy my round and the course...and it’s almost a dead cert that I’ll play rubbish and be miserable (not for the first time my Mrs would say). What to do...?

Play. You never know when it will turn round.

I was going to play West Cornwall today. But 60mph winds and torrential rain have put a stop to that idea.

sunshine

Visit site

If I didn't play golf because I thought I was going to be rubbish... I wouldn't have played golf for about 10 years.

RichA

Visit site
If I didn't play golf because I thought I was going to be rubbish... I wouldn't have played golf for about 10 years.
I didn't play golf for 10 years because I was rubbish but thought I should be good.
10 years later, I'm back on the course, I've accepted what I am and I'm loving every minute of it.

aaajjj7589

Visit site
Had my first lesson last week. Was told that my swing is excellent and that for a self taught golfer I'm one of the best he has ever witnessed at beginners level. Since the lesson I've played absloutely shite the last 2 rounds and feel I've regressed.

That's my latest irritation with the game. And the fact I'm an impatient *** and forget I've only been playing for 6 months. GRRRRRR!!!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had my first lesson last week. Was told that my swing is excellent and that for a self taught golfer I'm one of the best he has ever witnessed at beginners level. Since the lesson I've played absloutely shite the last 2 rounds and feel I've regressed.

That's my latest irritation with the game. And the fact I'm an impatient *** and forget I've only been playing for 6 months. GRRRRRR!!!
Perhaps change one of the words to twit in your last sentence

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Entered an Open at a ‘Top 100‘ club back in March.
Event is first week in June.
Hadn‘t heard anything so contacted the club office.
Reply “oh, you didn’t make it, the organiser will be in touch shortly with your options”
Well, I wonder what they could be?