Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of our greenkeepers testing positive for Covid and most of the rest having to self isolate 'greens, tees and fairways are not guaranteed to be cut' for next week.
Our Greenies have been working in 2 separate groups and shifts since March last year to try and avoid this very thing.
It's worked so far.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Has a senior in the car park moaning to me that the greens keepers aren’t cutting down the rough (one of the likely suspects who always seem to have a gripe and an opinion); he tells me that that’s a problem as many seniors can’t get out of longer rough. I note the rough isn‘t densely deep but mostly whispy deep.

What to do...grass grows and at the moment it is starting to grow - a lot.

Interesting speaking to a group of visitors this afternoon after they had played. All very complimentary about the course and it’s condition, and how nicely the fairways are being shaped with the rough providing great definition to the holes and making them look great. It’s not as if the fairways are narrow...but some of our seniors can’t get out of the rough so grounds for having it ‘short, back and sided’...ah well.

Imurg

Visit site
20210529_060424.jpg

Shame it takes more than 4 hours to park, set up, play and pack up..and forget a bevvy afterwards...
Any other golf clubs where you pay to park?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
View attachment 36842

Shame it takes more than 4 hours to park, set up, play and pack up..and forget a bevvy afterwards...
Any other golf clubs where you pay to park?
Isn't it free parking if you play golf or stay there?

I believe this was put in place to stop all the people parking there who weren't using the facilities.

Imurg

Visit site
Isn't it free parking if you play golf or stay there?

I believe this was put in place to stop all the people parking there who weren't using the facilities.
Not according to the website.
First 4 hours free, next 4 hours £5, 24 hours is £10.
So, effectively, an extra fiver to play at the Belfry, at least...
Like I said, any other golf club charge you to park?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Brilliant - staying for two nights and three rounds next month. Usually go every year for a jolly.
I’ll make this my last. Can’t afford the £6 coffees now ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Are the barriers ANPR controlled now? If not I’ll just stick tape on my number plate in the lay-by before.
Definitely skipping the breakfasts and going McDonald’s or a greasy burger van and I’ll take a bottle of Bacardi and some Coca Cola.
W-ers.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Par 3 13th, over a little valley with a water hazard garding the green, pin on front. Hit a bit of a low pull, line just a few feet left of the flag, thought it would just make it. But no, seemed to hit the top edge of the top brick of the wall that is part of the penalty area. Massive ricochet back towards and left where the ground falls away - maybe 40 to 50 yards, to then pitch perfectly on the centre of the stone/cement path so another giant bounce into the bundhu.
From being about 2 yards from the hole at one point, I reckoned it ended up over 90 yards away! Thankfully was just a social knock.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Didn't realise that.

To be honest. They would have to pay me to play there anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still can't get my head around the WHS handicap calculations. I shot 85 at Grims Dyke yesterday, was 1 over handicap but I figured it could still become one of my top 8 scores - but it didn't. I still have two 90s from Haste Hill in there! GD is easier tee-to-green but about 50 times harder once you're on or around the greens. There's no way HH is over 5 shots more difficult, that's ridiculous. They've definitely got it wrong somewhere.

In another three rounds time I'm going to lose an 82 I got at HH, so I'm screwed basically as I can't see myself suddenly knocking it round in like 76 at GD to match that. No chance. ?