Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stickers on brand new clubs. Get a new shiney shiney and there is a Pointless to consumer barcode sticker conviently places directly to the shaft, which could have gone on the plastic wrapped grip or head.

Peel sticker off only to leave loads of adhesive residue all over the shaft which seemingly takes forever to remove with hot water and soap.

Recently bought 3 Vokey sm7’s And had this on all of them. No nail polish remover in the house to lessen this burden.

They need to pack it in.
I think you just won the thread. Bloody hell, even second hand stuff I buy has the sticky labels on where previous owners never bothered taking it off, then you try and peel it off yourself and realise why. Nail varnish remover does the job though you reckon? I'll have to remember that.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Yesterday I had an email from howdidido saying my handicap has been reduced by 0.1
However I have not played in a qualifier for 2 weeks. Plus I have just checked the website and my handicap has not changed !!
Any ideas ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When we see someone's putt enter the side of the hole and the commentator says something like "great putt - right in the centre of the cup". Why lie? We've just watched it!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing peanut butter is good for is as bait in my mouse traps!
Not quite
Smooth peanut butter is also very good at removing the white polish/wax residue on black trim on cars. Work some onto the wax/polish residue then buff away.
It sounds bonkers, but it does work.:)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why does this irritate you? Asking for a friend.......

:eek:
Chipping onto the putting green is not allowed at our club. The answer presumably is because chipping on may leave indents on the putting surface. It could also lead to balls flying around whilst people are trying to practice putting, chipping being a less controlled art.

I don't know if it is the above, it is just my assumption.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah we have the same rule although I sometimes play little bump and runs with a 5i from the edge of our chipping green as it's a shot I use quite often on the course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a club near to me that has a big chipping green with bunkers around it as well as a separate putting green. It is not something I have seen often and I always inwardly applaud when I go past it, good thinking and an asset to its members.

D

Deleted member 21258

Blinding sun on the horizon and and your playing partners don't see your ball either

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Why does this irritate you? Asking for a friend.......

:eek:

Just the irritation that while you're practicing your putting someone rocks up thinking they can practice there with their 64 degree, lobbing it on, which is distracting enough but they also believe there's zero chance of thinning it sending it scooting through at ankle height. Its not like there isn't a perfectly good chipping green & short game area to do that on but they have this mindset that 'its only 3 or 4 to get my eye in'

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Depends on what I'm having it with as I'll eat both 🤔

I'd probably go smooth purely based on the amount of things I can put it in especially if it's the whole earth brand.

Damn it man now I need to go get a spoon and sit and eat it 🥄

Peanut butter on oatcakes is tremendous.

D

Deleted member 23344

Irritation? My inability to play reasonably in competitions! I go to pieces ... my average comp stableford score is way below the social golfing equivalent. I know it’s all in my head, but ...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Irritation? My inability to play reasonably in competitions! I go to pieces ... my average comp stableford score is way below the social golfing equivalent. I know it’s all in my head, but ...

Maybe (if not already) start adding side bets or some other penalties to your social games so that you have some level of 'pressure to perform' every time, so when you get to a comp its not a big deal (comp might even have less pressure)