Golf Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out yesterday evening for 13 holes with some mates. Hitting some really nice iron shots into greens - unfortunately, and most irritatingly, the unmentionables are still there if I do not concentrate on what I am doing, or if I try something 'fancy'. Anyway - after today I have no excuse for not having the time to sort things and practice.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last night after playing found a couple of empty beer bottles dumped in the verge of the club car park - with a bin not 20yds away. Can only have been members. Why?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Didn't want to get caught drinking beers in the car park??
30yds from the front door of the club house in full view of everyone parked in the main car park and going into clubhouse or heading to the 1st tee. Want to drink secretly we have an much quieter adjacent car park tucked away. Or more simply - take your empties with you.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking down on the Kings course there is mini swimming pools everywhere!!

They really should of sorted that drainage system from the start.
Its closed today!!

yes all round balls up, you would only to have stood on the top there to see where the water ran, but did they?????.... nope, some of it is shocking. at least they are connecting that last pond to something now.... who puts a dainage collection pond with no where for the water to go. Highland council should be getting the builders back to put it right rather than the greens staff have to try to do it. its a shame it could have been so good:mad:

Mandofred

Visit site
I put my card in my bag after 7 holes today....would that irritate someone? Unfortunately....the answer is yes. Why? Because they want to be irritated. Nobody I played with...sensible folks.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Big onus on us to use the ig app to record scores in competitions but handicap secretary hasn’t activated it within the app. It was also noted that apparently dealing with physical cards is “unfeasible and unacheivable”?
Also noticed that since lockdown the input of a general play card has been deactivated which may end up problematic if playing elsewhere, though that may be a question for handicap secretaries on here before I kick off!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Big onus on us to use the ig app to record scores in competitions but handicap secretary hasn’t activated it within the app. It was also noted that apparently dealing with physical cards is “unfeasible and unacheivable”?
Also noticed that since lockdown the input of a general play card has been deactivated which may end up problematic if playing elsewhere, though that may be a question for handicap secretaries on here before I kick off!

Our handicap genius..I mean godcomplex sec has said we can't enter cards until the 12th April due to covid

And after that we have to pre register .. fill in the cards on the app and then hand in the signed card to him to be checked

Can't wait until golf England's app is up and running .. where you can mark your card and sign it on the app itself

Only golf would bring in something to make things better and have people using it to do it exactly the same

If you want the card .. why use the app? You have defeated the objective of technology

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our handicap genius..I mean godcomplex sec has said we can't enter cards until the 12th April due to covid

And after that we have to pre register .. fill in the cards on the app and then hand in the signed card to him to be checked

Can't wait until golf England's app is up and running .. where you can mark your card and sign it on the app itself

Only golf would bring in something to make things better and have people using it to do it exactly the same

If you want the card .. why use the app? You have defeated the objective of technology
I actually don't know if this is in the works or not, but they should do it the same way as we bank cheques now - scan the scorecard with your phone camera to send it if it's required. ??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I actually don't know if this is in the works or not, but they should do it the same way as we bank cheques now - scan the scorecard with your phone camera to send it if it's required. ??

They should do. However this clown wouldn't accept it if you paid him

When WHS was introduced he telling everyone our slope is wrong (turns out he doesn't understand slope) however still he is challenging it...

The committee under whs needs 3 members .. 2 were added..... Never hear from them. His playing partners .. it's obvious he wants to do the lot and they just there for show to stick to the rules

He's said he not accepting cards until 12th April right. There is no logical reason at all for this. Comps can return from the 29th march.. he always handled cards at comps... Anyways so the 12th is a meaningless date as you can do the same before as after so why not have cards now?

I don't think he likes the fact that the process now completely bypasses him lol actually can managed the handicap without him.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
They should do. However this clown wouldn't accept it if you paid him

When WHS was introduced he telling everyone our slope is wrong (turns out he doesn't understand slope) however still he is challenging it...

The committee under whs needs 3 members .. 2 were added..... Never hear from them. His playing partners .. it's obvious he wants to do the lot and they just there for show to stick to the rules

He's said he not accepting cards until 12th April right. There is no logical reason at all for this. Comps can return from the 29th march.. he always handled cards at comps... Anyways so the 12th is a meaningless date as you can do the same before as after so why not have cards now?

I don't think he likes the fact that the process now completely bypasses him lol actually can managed the handicap without him.

Met one good handicap secretary. The rest all seem lazy or want some sort of faux social standing within the golf club.

Most probably can’t use a computer and type with one sausage finger.

I think I’ll have to put in for it when it comes up next.