Golf Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had the run down for the criteria to play competitions and consideration of eligibility for prizes. Not conducive for those of us that have to work round busy schedules.
Kind of indicates that the WHS is not the solution it promised to be.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Billy Ho doing keepy uppy walking off the 13th green, misses, stands on the ball, picks it up and walks on leaving, effectively, a pitch mark..
Peasant.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Lad I used to play with before I rejoined the club messaged me today. Not played with him for a couple of years, only see him at work in once a blue moon.
asked if I could fill a spot in the invitational on Friday as somebody has pulled out and it’s £15
Thought would be good to catch up, enjoyed playing with him, first tee time so suitable.
Agreed and then tells me he can’t play and it’s with his uncle, and a format I’m not interested in! ?
cheers.

D

Deleted member 3432

Wind is starting to pick up, going to be 45mph from around 8pm tonight until late Monday night.....

Might sack Monday's golf off, thats windy even by Silloth's standards.......:mad:

Fortunately I've just started my rest days so got Tuesday and Thursday when its just going to be cold.. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wind is starting to pick up, going to be 45mph from around 8pm tonight until late Monday night.....

Might sack Monday's golf off, thats windy even by Silloth's standards.......:mad:

Fortunately I've just started my rest days so got Tuesday and Thursday when its just going to be cold.. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Not down here in God's country, (Watford), Tuesday is going to be 24 degrees, with Wednesday similar.

D

Deleted member 3432

Not down here in God's country, (Watford), Tuesday is going to be 24 degrees, with Wednesday similar.

Doesn't get that warm in summer up here :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't swap, lakes, mountains and sea all within a few miles. Added bonus of very few people :D

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday over hearing somebody moaning about course conditions.

The hollow tining sanding and over seeding was clearly done last week.

This guy was moaning about it having been done when the green staff new we would be coming back to play today, " why could they have not done it a few weeks ago"

It really shows a lack of understanding as to why the course is so good most of summer and when seed needs to be sown.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The pair me and my mate are playing in 1st round of 4BBB K/O have put themselves down to play with us on sat am. I'm thinking that they might well be looking to suss us out :) (more likely they just fancy a Sat am knock) - but just in case they want a look at how I manage my mate's game (as he will get 13 shots against the three of us in the K/O) - I think I'll suggest the normal Sat am thing - that we chuck the balls up for pairings - now that could be me being irritating - just for a change :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hole19 have decided you now have to pay if you want to see any of the data that it just let you record during the round. Even the actual gross score. So putting in my number of putts and fairways hit etc was a waste a time.

Edit: Turns out they just moved it and included an extra to prompt to pay for Premium to distract you. :cautious: Oh well crisis averted.

Last edited: