Golf Random Irritations

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Featured groups on the PGA coverage.
OK, it's nice to see DJ, Scott, Bobby et al but they're playing junk for the most part.
I'd prefer to see the guys playing well....

It is like watching amateur hour at present. Scott's 7 on 17 when he was 63 yards away for 2 being a case in point.

Bubbas drive on 1, the shot tracer was amazing though.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
American golf commentators! and whilst I’m at it the amount of commercial breaks during coverage!

I get the US commentary too (with faldo etc) but not much by way of ad breaks though, maybe one or two an hour at most
Must be the broadcaster of the channel you get it on

Boomy

Visit site
Crikey no ? the American commentary is 90% drivel or bias towards American players.

The ad breaks are always a lot worse when it’s through the American host broadcasters - literally every 10 mins! It’s tolerable on the sky golf broadcasts.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well it felt spring like outside today.
Am looking forward to our forum friends based in Scotland, Italy, Mauritius, etc. posting their tales of golf and sharing pictures - honest ???

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Am looking forward to our forum friends based in Scotland, Italy, Mauritius, etc. posting their tales of golf and sharing pictures - honest ???
i didn't play today, was a bit golfed out so no pics from me anyway... it was a fantastic day though

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I get the US commentary too (with faldo etc) but not much by way of ad breaks though, maybe one or two an hour at most
Must be the broadcaster of the channel you get it on
Similar for me also, you can tell when the main broadcaster goes to a break as "2nd string" commentators slip in & you see more golf away from the top few groups.

Mind you I will be ticking off whenever they mention "Fitzpatrick trying to win for the first time" ? Already one tick...

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
When you spend a week of stuck in the house (due to a foot of snow outside) by changing your putting grip and get the ball rolling nicely - only to try it out on the course and the greens are nothing like the same speed as your carpet :sneaky:

IMG_4618.jpg