Golf Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
As I've mentioned before, if a change is so minimal as to not require a change of name, is that change worthwhile? Why do it?
Applies to clubs and balls..and anything else for that matter.
If you're not an elite player, all changes to clubs and balls are basically of no consequence.
In order to encourage the average club golfer to buy new clubs (which they don't need), they have to change the name.
There is no such need to encourage them to keep buying balls - they are consumables, so the name can stay unchanged.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just managing to go to all square on 14, when slow day pulls one left off the tee on 15, hits the edge of the new LH bunker and takes a big bounce right, get down there the ball is 6 inches from the hole, my drive that was down the middle is in the bunker:censored::LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ever noticed how we're always told that we shouldn't upgrade our kit every year as the gains will me minimal?
Recall how we're told we should change drivers every 3-4 years, irons every 5-6 or whatever the numbers are...
Ever noticed that all the YouTubers who review clubs always change the contents of their bags every year ..?
:unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ever noticed how we're always told that we shouldn't upgrade our kit every year as the gains will me minimal?
Recall how we're told we should change drivers every 3-4 years, irons every 5-6 or whatever the numbers are...
Ever noticed that all the YouTubers who review clubs always change the contents of their bags every year ..?
:unsure:
I mean I probably would as well if I got it all for free.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The bloody weather, frozen solid here and looks like no let up.
Was wanting to give my new trolley a run out as well ?
Fortrose would have been open wouldn't it, Nairn was yesterday, though still winter greens.

Inverness i fear will be like 2010, courses closed off and on till march

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Fortrose would have been open wouldn't it, Nairn was yesterday, though still winter greens.

Inverness i fear will be like 2010, courses closed off and on till march

Fortrose was closed, covered in snow and frozen over.
Inverness has been closed for weeks now, no let up in sight!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fortrose was closed, covered in snow and frozen over.
Inverness has been closed for weeks now, no let up in sight!!!
played Nairn on the weekend and we had s few full greens on, but monday was back on winters, today closed for snow.

can't see the Inverness courses opening any time soon... went though the Kings yesterday and it looked like most of it had gone.... but will be back to sq one after last nights flurry.

nothing as bad as this weather wise in 10 years

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Left the lid loose on my Sharpie 'mini' that stays in the golf bag & it totally dried out. Shame as it still had a lot of life left in it :cry:

I'll support my local pro-shop for a replacement though (instead of funding the corporate online giants, use them or lose them (y))

edit; this isn't the exact one but it looked exactly like this:

sharpie-mini-purple-marker.jpg

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Left the lid loose on my Sharpie 'mini' that stays in the golf bag & it totally dried out. Shame as it still had a lot of life left in it :cry:

I'll support my local pro-shop for a replacement though (instead of funding the corporate online giants, use them or lose them (y))

View attachment 34955

I've got two of those. OMG they last for ages!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

View attachment 34955
I have that one! In purple as well. I must have had it in the bag two years at least, still going strong.

Mandofred

Visit site
I'd urge you to be vigilant & look after yours, you never know what's round the corner (y)
I wonder if we could get Netflix to start a new detective series (possible murder mystery??) about this. I'd watch it. I'd like to know who messed with your marker. Then something like "the Spanish Inquisition" could pounce and get em' good. :unsure: