Golf Random Irritations

sunshine

Visit site
Left the lid loose on my Sharpie 'mini' that stays in the golf bag & it totally dried out. Shame as it still had a lot of life left in it :cry:

I'll support my local pro-shop for a replacement though (instead of funding the corporate online giants, use them or lose them (y))

edit; this isn't the exact one but it looked exactly like this:

View attachment 34955

Always best to use the pro shop and you can get a proper fitting for your replacement.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest I haven't totally ruled out foul play :eek: because I'm pretty careful when replacing the lid (I like to hear it go 'click')

I reckon someone has stolen its innards. I once bought a new one and it dried up after about 4 days. Pulled it apart and there was nothing at all inside. Nothing. Nada. Rien. I reckon theres a bootleg market for them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I reckon someone has stolen its innards. I once bought a new one and it dried up after about 4 days. Pulled it apart and there was nothing at all inside. Nothing. Nada. Rien. I reckon theres a bootleg market for them.

Hadn't thought of that but you're right, I could've bought a ringer that had been nicked and stripped for parts then sold on! :unsure:

Maybe if a complain repeatedly on Sharpie's twitter feed i'll get them to send a new one?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
With young Jordan showing a bit of form recently it's brought the "Speith" brigade out on social media. Often supporting & rooting for him ?‍♂️
So why not give the guy a bit of respect and call him "Spieth", i.e. his actual name! It's only 6 letters in order to remember.?

#nothing to do with grammar.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit the driver plum in the middle of the face and the smash factor is only 1.45 !?! How is that possible?? Hopefully the measuring device is wrong and when the season starts I carry on smacking plum in the middle.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
g80 can be off up to 5mph on clubhead speed. And off on ball speed.
Let’s hope so, because if it is being too conservative I could be in for a pleasant surprise when the course opens .. the distance is off But that’s just an algorithm and the smash factor is just the club head speed and ball speed measurement. What was said on TXG about the sensors was quite interesting, and they said the sensor picks up part of the club whether that be a front, side or back profile and that was partly why the efficiency/ smash factors varied.
In my case the differences are related to temperature as the club profile is unaltered but the ball conditions have changed... so yes 1.45 is disappointing but it might be pragmatic to say it will only get better as the temperature rises. In the grand scheme of things there are bigger issues to deal with

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit the driver plum in the middle of the face and the smash factor is only 1.45 !?! How is that possible?? Hopefully the measuring device is wrong and when the season starts I carry on smacking plum in the middle.

I'd be delighted to hit the centre of the clubface

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Featured groups on the PGA coverage.
OK, it's nice to see DJ, Scott, Bobby et al but they're playing junk for the most part.
I'd prefer to see the guys playing well....