• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Have you ever been to a meet

• Total voters

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Not been to a large meet yet.
Last two years I have invited 3 forumers to my club's charity AmAm.
Several three and fourballs were arranged thanks to @Bamberdele2.0 starting this thread: https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/midlands-forum-link.111260/

We tried to make it a slightly larger meet early this year - we needed a minimum of 9 on a Sunday for Charnwood Forest.
There were not enough takers.

With meet-ups, you will get what people can or want to do - this is a matter of choice - it can not be forced - nor is there any reason, as far as I can see, to be disappointed with the choices that other people make with regard to their time and money.

But my thanks to all who continue to offer to arrange such meet-ups.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I've been to 2 x meet ups, both H4H - Hayling & Hankley and will be doing the Princes one next year that Dando is sorting. As it stands I have children who are 5, 3 and 1 so it's fairly difficult to wangle time to get to my home club (which is a stone's throw away) let alone further afield. I'm really keen on seeing and playing other courses, especially the well-known ones, but it's a juggling act for me.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
The forum has changed over the years , when I first started it was mainly about golf and lots used the forum to play in meets and there have been some brilliant ones

But over the years it’s become less about golf and that’s prob because of the “b word” then Covid and now constant threads revolving around climate etc

I haven't noticed this, but that might be because I never look at the Out of Bounds section. For me, the forum is 100% about golf!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't noticed this, but that might be because I never look at the Out of Bounds section. For me, the forum is 100% about golf!
No one is forced into the OOB section, no one is forced to read particular threads. We all make choices, it isn't hard.

I don't know why more don't do this, ignore the threads that upset them, stress them out etc 🤷‍♀️

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No one is forced into the OOB section, no one is forced to read particular threads. We all make choices, it isn't hard.

I don't know why more don't do this, ignore the threads that upset them, stress them out etc 🤷‍♀️

It would be nice if we could actually ignore threads rather than users. The forum software is unhelpful in that regard.

D

Deleted member 1147

I posted a question about the new T200s all the early replies where the same old gripes about lofts and added nothing to the thread.
The old club fetishists in the main

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I posted a question about the new T200s all the early replies where the same old gripes about lofts and added nothing to the thread.
Talk about lofts falls under the category of 'golf' doesn't it. I'm a little curious how someone who has been a forum member for less than one month can have noticed the 'same old gripes' on any subject yet!

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Talk about lofts falls under the category of 'golf' doesn't it. I'm a little curious how someone who has been a forum member for less than one month can have noticed the 'same old gripes' on any subject yet!
Yes but not the op, take that chat elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to a meet a good few years ago. Sadly that experience didn’t sell it for me.
came across very cliquey, and felt I was a bit of an outsider.

D

Deleted member 15344

Went to a meet a good few years ago. Sadly that experience didn’t sell it for me.
came across very cliquey, and felt I was a bit of an outsider.

Was that the Mentmore one just before it closed ?