Golf in Orlando

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can't see past Celebration, although it was a couple of years ago, just something about it grabbed me, perhaps just the set up of driving through the area with all the stunning houses etc. Played Falcons Fire as well, but it wasn't great at that time. I'm not sure about the third one we played, it was Orange something and the course wound through holiday bungalows, quirky but good fun.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forgot to add earlier, usually don't forget this one lol. But played Lake Nona three years ago. I was very lucky that I had a friend who had a house on site and invited me for a game. He stayed next to gmac and round the corner from Poults !!
The bad news is he has sold up, did offer it to me - haven't stopped laughing :eek:

They problems with the greens that year but an amazing place

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Where do I start :) my and the missus play out their every year and love it!

can defo vouch for celebration which is a great course and also Windermere too!

Championsgate niw have 3 courses and can recommend the international

don't forget to check out golf now for daily hot deals and also the Orlando sentinel newspaper for special offers.

talking of special offers check this little offer for mystic Dunes, never played it myself but heard its good. Alas the offer is not on when we go mid May :(

http://dealcaddy.golfnow.com/?tag=todayscoursedeal

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We'll be there from the 2nd to the 18th. The in-laws have a time share next to the 4th tee of the Reserve course. Will be great to have a knock if you're there the same time

I'm there from 1st April to the 15th, we stay on the course at highlands reserve, nice course but looking to play somewhere else for a change, international forum meet 👍

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was over there in September last year and played the 3 Disney courses - Lake Buena Vista, Palm and Magnolia.
Disappointingly the wet weather in September spoilt all three rounds with the fairways being so sodden and only played the back 9 on the Magnolia.

They are all top courses with the Magnolia being the best of the three but surprised about the drainage not being better on the fairways when they know that September is the wet season.

Should be much better when you go Hawkeye. :thup:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
We'll be there from the 2nd to the 18th. The in-laws have a time share next to the 4th tee of the Reserve course. Will be great to have a knock if you're there the same time

Sweet, I'm there from the 2nd for a week. Played The Legends last time I was there a couple of years ago. I'll only probably have a 1 day passout to play golf as I'm there with wife and child to do the theme park thing. But more than happy to have a round. I'll message you nearer the time so we can sort something out and have a mini forum meet in Florida. :D

D

Deleted member 17920

I hate these threads about Orlando golf, I haven't been for 5 years now and I do fancy a return visit but my holidays keep getting taken up by top100 courses here.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
I'm there from 1st April to the 15th, we stay on the course at highlands reserve, nice course but looking to play somewhere else for a change, international forum meet 

Just seen this, we only need one more now for a 4 ball! :)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm there from 1st April to the 15th, we stay on the course at highlands reserve, nice course but looking to play somewhere else for a change, international forum meet 

Sweet, I'm there from the 2nd for a week. Played The Legends last time I was there a couple of years ago. I'll only probably have a 1 day passout to play golf as I'm there with wife and child to do the theme park thing. But more than happy to have a round. I'll message you nearer the time so we can sort something out and have a mini forum meet in Florida. :D

Sounds good. I will book the Orange Lake golf a month in advance so will PM you both around then so we can sort something out :thup:

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
If you can make it down there Streamsong is, in my opinion, in a different league to anything else in Orlando

Went straight into my all time top 10

All the other industry guys who have played it have been similarly effusive about it. Best of all it's a walking course

Disney way we Played Tranquilo (used to be called Osprey Ridge) when we were there last week.

Great layout and in much better condition than most other Orlando courses played at this time of year

Check out Joel's FJ FreeStyle shoe review http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/reviews/shoes/footjoy-freestyle-shoe-review which we filmed there to see some footage of the course

Also liked Celebration when we played it last year

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you can make it down there Streamsong is, in my opinion, in a different league to anything else in Orlando

All the other industry guys who have played it have been similarly effusive about it. Best of all it's a walking course

Disney way we Played Tranquilo (used to be called Osprey Ridge) when we were there last week.

Great layout and in much better condition than most other Orlando courses played at this time of year

Check out Joel's FJ FreeStyle shoe review http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/reviews/shoes/footjoy-freestyle-shoe-review which we filmed there to see some footage of the course

In terms of what we have here, who's league would you put Streamsong in?

Wentworth?

D

Deleted Member 1156

In terms of what we have here, who's league would you put Streamsong in?

Wentworth?

Wentworth doesn't even come close. Streamsong has a much more linksy look to it.

Hacker Khan

Visit site

Streamsong looks lovely but probably a bit out of my price range. Am doing the trump trip that month and also probably playing Blue Monster whilst I'm in Florida as a mate is a member there. Also will be hiring clubs so may struggle to justify their green fees.

However if say we called it an official GM meet and GM used their corporate golf muscle and influence to get us a heavily reduced green fee there. Could make a great feature, best public courses in the US tried and tested by GM readers :whistle:

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For info, Southern Dunes is closed from early may to mid-september this year, they're re-laying all the greens. Gutted as it waste of my favourites our trip in early september 2014.

Celebration is great, albeit the pace of play tends to be pretty slow unless you're out quite early in the morning.

Championsgate is good, International is probably a slightly better track than the National IMO, both generally in good nick though.

Played Falcons Fire and quite enjoyed it, fairly standard american resort type course.

Mystic Dunes wouldn't go back to, nice enough layout but condition not great.

Can recommend Orange County National, played the Panther Lake course, pretty awesome IMO, and in fantastic condition.
This year looking to play Providence (staying at Watersong and its on the doorstep), Mission Hills, Celebration, Orange County National.

Streamsong looks and sounds absolutely awesome, bit more expensive than the others but looks to be in a different league. It was recommended to me last time by a couple of americans I got paired up with. Walking course, caddies, looks a bit special.

There from August 12 through to September 2, if anyone's around and fancies a game.......