Turkey Resort Holidays

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am looking at options for family holidays next year and considering some of the Belek resorts.

Just looking for opinions from anyone who has been there as to what hotels are best in the area and which ones to potentially avoid

I will be going with my wife and two daughters aged 4 and 8 so ideally looking for somewhere with evening entertainment and looking at most hotels they have theme parks and water parks either connected or nearby so I think we will be fine for stuff to do during the day no matter which one we go for

I thought a few on this group have most likely been over there golfing so will have some info on it

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never been to Belek in the summer, but most of the hotels have a beach front. We have stayed in the Sirene for most of the past ten years and it has certainly developed it's beach front with swimming pools, bars, evening entertainment stages, small boutique shops etc. There is also The Land of Legends theme park to the north of the complex. Accommodation is either hotel or apartments.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never been to Belek in the summer, but most of the hotels have a beach front. We have stayed in the Sirene for most of the past ten years and it has certainly developed it's beach front with swimming pools, bars, evening entertainment stages, small boutique shops etc. There is also The Land of Legends theme park to the north of the complex. Accommodation is either hotel or apartments.
Land of Legends was one of the options I looked at.

My only concern was it possibly being really noisy with the theme park being part of the resort however I am not sure how far away the hotel is from the actual park.

We are looking to go around the start of April so possibly not as busy as it would be if going during the Summer months

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a golf trip to Titanic last Nov. & they were busy building so many alternative areas to spend time including a very good beach area. I'd say it'd be brilliant for a family holiday.

AAC

Visit site
We go to the Voyage pretty much every year and it’s never let us down.

One year we went to Gloria Golf and it too was impeccable.
A big group of us stayed at the Gloria Golf and I would agree it was impeccable too, no children with us but the amenities seemed very family orientated. I would certainly go back with the family.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
We are looking to go around the start of April so possibly not as busy as it would be if going during the Summer months
All of the hotels I've stayed in at Belek (Gloria, Sirene, Cornelia, Xanadu, Lykia) start their peak season on May 1st. Before then, some of their facilities aren't open. So going in early April might not be a good idea.

General advice I've been given is that the best hotels are Max Royal (£££), Regnum Carya (£££) and Gloria Serenity (not so expensive).
I've stayed in the Serenity and the Gloria Verde, and would say the Verde is just as good, albeit somewhat smaller so with fewer facilities.
Xanadu used to be very nice, but last time we were there a couple of years back it had gone a bit downhill.

One hotel you absolutely must avoid is the Lykia. Lovely golf course, average hotel with bad food and crawling with very rude entitled Russians.

mister v

Visit site
We stayed and played at the sueno (golf courses were the pines and the dunes) I loved it, the courses were fantastic and the resort was brilliant, Tons of stuff to do for kids, it has its own water park!
It was all inclusive which i thought was going to be a bit dodgy , however it was the complete opposite. the other good thing was we went in october so out of UK holiday season and it was only really golfers that stayed there so even with 24 hour free bar everyone was well behaved..... pissed but well behaved! we're going again in may or oct 24 and cant wait.
Also chatting to a couple of members at our club who go every year, they have been to most of the hotels in belek and the sueno was a bit of a budget one, so playces like Max royal must be off the charts!!
I think once you've been once its difficult not to return.