Kaya Belek hotel

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone stayed at the Kaya Belek hotel - NOT the Palazzo? Especially since it was refurbished.
Have spotted a good deal there and if anyone has any views on the hotel that would be very helpful. How does it compare to the other budget-end hotels in Belek - places like Sueno and Sirene? (Have played the Kaya course in the past, so not looking for opinions about that).

C7usk

Visit site
Hi Clive, me and 5 mates are just back from there.. 3dbl rooms... Thought it was great value for money and had a blast.. First time in Belek for any of us so hard to compare against other hotels in the area.. Was 1st class service, and hotel was quite quiet which suited us.. Bell hop to take your clubs etc to the rooms... A buggy would take you to the course.. Buffet until 21.00 I think it was then 23.30 soup and sandwiches.. ( make your own) .. Buffet had a good selection but a bit samey after a few days as I always find with buffets.. Booked the ala carte for 1 night.. Didn't enjoy that.. 20euro return into belek for food another night... Absolutely loved it.. 5 nights, 3rnds of golf with your mates.. Would love to do it again..

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Clive, me and 5 mates are just back from there.. 3dbl rooms... Thought it was great value for money and had a blast.. First time in Belek for any of us so hard to compare against other hotels in the area.. Was 1st class service, and hotel was quite quiet which suited us.. Bell hop to take your clubs etc to the rooms... A buggy would take you to the course.. Buffet until 21.00 I think it was then 23.30 soup and sandwiches.. ( make your own) .. Buffet had a good selection but a bit samey after a few days as I always find with buffets.. Booked the ala carte for 1 night.. Didn't enjoy that.. 20euro return into belek for food another night... Absolutely loved it.. 5 nights, 3rnds of golf with your mates.. Would love to do it again..
Thanks for that(y)

Sounds as if it's a decent hotel, so will probably give it a go. We normally stay at places like Sirene, Gloria or Cornelia, so will be interesting to try this one out.
(For anyone's interest, the one hotel in Belek I definitely avoid is the Lykia - which is a shame, because the course there is really interesting).

C7usk

Visit site
Thanks for that(y)

Sounds as if it's a decent hotel, so will probably give it a go. We normally stay at places like Sirene, Gloria or Cornelia, so will be interesting to try this one out.
(For anyone's interest, the one hotel in Belek I definitely avoid is the Lykia - which is a shame, because the course there is really interesting).
Cool, handy for the golf course also.. The AI extended to the clubhouse, so we sat and had a few beers and some food after our round.. There wasnt any aircon in the room which may bother some but found it OK even with 24deg temp during the day.
I have mates that have been to other hotels in the area on family hols and they definitely looked another class up from the kaya belek.. But that's the rub... I reckon they were approx 50% dearer... Suppose it's all about what you think is value for money.. I've paid a good d bit more in Portugal and Spain and not had anything like the same value... We also played the olympos course at cullinan links but like kaya palazzo course better.. Olympos course felt a bit shoe horned in with several 100yd par 3s...the clubhouse was stunning though and the AI was included in that also.. We went with your golf travel.. All transfers were spot on.. Quality vehicles and early... A rep met us at airport. Njoy.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Cool, handy for the golf course also.. The AI extended to the clubhouse, so we sat and had a few beers and some food after our round.. There wasnt any aircon in the room which may bother some but found it OK even with 24deg temp during the day.
I have mates that have been to other hotels in the area on family hols and they definitely looked another class up from the kaya belek.. But that's the rub... I reckon they were approx 50% dearer... Suppose it's all about what you think is value for money.. I've paid a good d bit more in Portugal and Spain and not had anything like the same value... We also played the olympos course at cullinan links but like kaya palazzo course better.. Olympos course felt a bit shoe horned in with several 100yd par 3s...the clubhouse was stunning though and the AI was included in that also.. We went with your golf travel.. All transfers were spot on.. Quality vehicles and early... A rep met us at airport. Njoy.
Thanks again. My experience is that the hotels in Belek don't switch on the aircon until the summer season, which starts May 1st.

Re. Your comment about better than Spain: yes, Turkish AI is generally rather better than Spanish. The better hotels (eg. Gloria) are especially good.