Golf in Orlando

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We're going back out to Florida in April and I'm looking for suggestions of where to play golf. We stay at Orange Lake so I will play most of my rounds there as it means Mrs Hawkeye and the in-laws can take the car and leave me to it.

However, I was thinking of venturing out for a round this year. I heard good things about the Disney courses but recent reviews suggest the condition has gone downhill since they handed management over a couple of years ago so I was wondering whether anyone had played there in the last year and can provide a trusted review.

Other obvious options are...

Shingle Creek
Ritz Carlton
Waldorf Astoria

Does anyone have any other options? Preferably not too far from the Disney Parks or shopping malls so I don't put the family out too much but if you think somewhere is definitely worth a bit of extra travel I'm happy to listen.

Cheers

Last edited:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interested viewer in this, I'm there in july/august. And hope to grab a game.

I struck a deal with the daughter, I give you 10.5 days of disney princesses, I get 4hrs of golf. Im not confident shes gonna keep to her side of the bargin :angry:

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always enjoyed Celebration and Falcons Fire, but can't vouch for current condition. Southern Dunes is further away is also good, apparently styled on a Scottish Links course, less water than other courses anyway :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have always enjoyed Celebration and Falcons Fire, but can't vouch for current condition. Southern Dunes is further away is also good, apparently styled on a Scottish Links course, less water than other courses anyway :D

I like water, gives me a chance to look for Alligators :D

Thanks for the suggestions

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I struck a deal with the daughter, I give you 10.5 days of disney princesses, I get 4hrs of golf. Im not confident shes gonna keep to her side of the bargin :angry:

I will be there about then as well. That is their off season and I have found in the past that some courses can have quite a bit of maintenance going on then.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grand Cypress would be my recommendation.

Very near Disneyworld with 3 cracking 9s as well as a new course which I haven't played but the original 27 holes are fantastic.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're going back out to Florida in April and I'm looking for suggestions of where to play golf. We stay at Orange Lake so I will play most of my rounds there as it means Mrs Hawkeye and the in-laws can take the car and leave me to it.

However, I was thinking of venturing out for a round this year. I heard good things about the Disney courses but recent reviews suggest the condition has gone downhill since they handed management over a couple of years ago so I was wondering whether anyone had played there in the last year and can provide a trusted review.

Shingle Creek
Ritz Carlton
Waldorf Astoria

Does anyone have any other options? Preferably not too far from the Disney Parks or shopping malls so I don't put the family out too much but if you think somewhere is definitely worth a bit of extra travel I'm happy to listen.

Cheers

Take a trip up the I4 and turn off at Sand Lake Road and go and give Arnie a visit at Bay Hill. Should only take 20 minutes or so and worth the visit. I played Waldorf Astoria a couple of years ago when we stayed in the Hilton next door but as we were first out in the morning the only thing I can really remember is how cold it was.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played Southern Dunes last year and it is worth a visit, excellent greens for Florida and not too expensive either.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Take a trip up the I4 and turn off at Sand Lake Road and go and give Arnie a visit at Bay Hill. Should only take 20 minutes or so and worth the visit. I played Waldorf Astoria a couple of years ago when we stayed in the Hilton next door but as we were first out in the morning the only thing I can really remember is how cold it was.

Already thought about that but they have just told me that you have to stay there or be a member to play

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played a few courses last year warfdoff ,which was good , then drove out to mission hills , err give that miss ! Course was good but they were strange folks lol
but a must play which I would definitely go back to was Hawks landing , brilliant course , lots of water ,great practice facilities and quite challenging.
👍👍👍

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Shingle Creek
Ritz Carlton
Waldorf Astoria

Cheers

When in April are you going? As I'm there if you are talking the Orange Lake Holiday Inn resort in April for a week? Happy to have a round on the Arnie course with you. ;)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When in April are you going? As I'm there if you are talking the Orange Lake Holiday Inn resort in April for a week? Happy to have a round on the Arnie course with you. ;)

We'll be there from the 2nd to the 18th. The in-laws have a time share next to the 4th tee of the Reserve course. Will be great to have a knock if you're there the same time

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

It's not that much of a drive to Streamsong.

Just saying :whistle:

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Sounds like the deal I struck with my brood for when we go in August, we all get the unlimited theme park passes and I might, if I'm a good boy, be allowed to venture out for some proper golf rather than the mini/crazy variety... :rolleyes: