Golf Handicap Query

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have joined my local club this week. My son aged 10 is a member and is 1 round short of getting his adult handicap which he will get playing in a comp this weekend.

As a junior member with an adult handicap can he sign my 3 rounds if he plays with me for my handicap or will I need an adult member with a handicap to play with me and sign it?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have joined my local club this week. My son aged 10 is a member and is 1 round short of getting his adult handicap which he will get playing in a comp this weekend.

As a junior member with an adult handicap can he sign my 3 rounds if he plays with me for my handicap or will I need an adult member with a handicap to play with me and sign it?
I would think most juniors could not record cards for an adult members handicap.
You need to ask the sec at the club .
Get some other members to do this for you , this is how you get to know new people to play with.
I would also think you might need three different people to mark cards but may be wrong.
Clubs have their own rules best to ask.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ask your handicap secretary. Each club can make their own definition as to "who" is an acceptable person who can sign cards of someone who is submitting scores for their handicap.

Usually most clubs are happy with any member signing cards...but some are stricter.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
OK thanks, I will ask. Not really a problem but I play every week with him and have been told play 3 rounds of the white tees with a member to get your handicap so thought that would be the easiest solution.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’d imagine the biggest issue would be the fact he’s a family member?? At our place a family member can’t mark your card in a comp. Maybe it’s different when marking a card for handicap purposes.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’d imagine the biggest issue would be the fact he’s a family member?? At our place a family member can’t mark your card in a comp. Maybe it’s different when marking a card for handicap purposes.

Different clubs have different rules in this regard, as already said.