Golf England members website now live!

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am going to be the most popular guy at my next comp.... gone from 17 to 18.7, after slope I will be getting 21 shots in comps... shoupd make life easier especially if alot of people seem to be staying relatively flat.

18.7 is lower than my own calc so can only assume that ESR in some form still exists?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I can see a lot of issues if people are calculating their index themselves and arguing about the number.
Depending on which method you use - with or without course rating minus par - you can get a different number.
We don't use the course rating minus par method but someone searching for a calculator can find the USGA one...which does.
A guy I play with would have 24 or 25 shots depending upon which calculator he uses....WTF?

This is not a World Handicap System....
If it were, everyone would be using the same method of calculation and they're simply not.
SNAFU
The method of calculation for Handicap Index is the same worldwide, just not the method of calculating what handicap you play off in competition. That meets the aim of all handicaps being comparable.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m slightly puzzled as to why at least three qualifiers we have played this year don’t appear to have been included in the data transferred across.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Can your sec get at your CDH (not ISV) scores data. That might give a clue

Playing with him in the morning. I might raise it with him if it looks like he’s going to take the cash. Any committee talk on the course tends to screw his game up ?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
So all 4 in our group that play off 14 under congu are between 17 and 18, giving us course handicaps of 19/20. The 17 capper up a few shots and the 20 up 6.

I'm personally 17.1, with my 8th best score +17 I'm a bit baffled ??‍♂️

Something definitely wrong from our course, cant get into the main site yet to see how it's been calculated, but if it doesn't change I'll look up some opens with some nice prizes ?

England Golf have confirmed they have used the wrong data for our whole club

Apparently will be fixed by launch!

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Finally able to log on and get my record of scores, no css in any, one score from 2018 missing and two games played in England and County comps both de-sloped to 125 rather than 128 and 137. Not sure if any of these things will be rectified.
The whole thing is bringing back memories of poorly written educational software that was the bane of my working life .....

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
So after checking all of my 8 best scores, and looking at other ones close by to see if they would improve, I think that I am 11 shots better when CSS is taken into account, so my HI should drop by 1.375 if and when that happens.

Well, if I understand it correctly! :D

D

Deleted member 25172

Have access to it now as well but cannot see anything besides the gross score. That can’t be right, can it?

Also just noticed that the yardage indicated is completely wrong, at 5800 yards instead of 6300. Apparently, we also have a 471 yard par 3.

CECB5F23-01D4-486B-A866-6785299DDDFF.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 25172

As a follow up to my previous post.

Q: is your scores showing as only the gross total, and not showing what your score was for each individual hole?

A strange thing as well that I have a round of 79 at my home course which is not included in my 8 best, but two rounds of 80 on the same course counted.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am going to be the most popular guy at my next comp.... gone from 17 to 18.7, after slope I will be getting 21 shots in comps... shoupd make life easier especially if alot of people seem to be staying relatively flat.

18.7 is lower than my own calc so can only assume that ESR in some form still exists?
Not unless you shot a round of at lease 7 under it doesn't!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finally able to log on and get my record of scores, no css in any, one score from 2018 missing and two games played in England and County comps both de-sloped to 125 rather than 128 and 137. Not sure if any of these things will be rectified.
The whole thing is bringing back memories of poorly written educational software that was the bane of my working life .....
Yes , whoever has update rights in your club can edit those rounds and change the course / tee to the specific one if known. This appears common for most county events.

Chinny

Visit site
49ED9CDC-E1FC-43CA-BBAB-06B0EF153B37.jpeg
So here is my own WHS calculations..... with CSS included HI is 3.4 without CSS my HI is 4.8.
The two No Return rounds I had right in the middle of my last 20 have been completely ignored meaning my last 22 have been used to calculate my HI.
According to these calculations my 22nd oldest qualifying Comp (13/10/19) is still one of my best 8.

Confused ?‍♂️

1. Why CSS not being used
2. Why NR rounds are being ignored

Can any WHS Geeks out there help to explain please

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
1. Why CSS not being used
2. Why NR rounds are being ignored

Can any WHS Geeks out there help to explain please
1) CSS was not used in error. It is being rectified
2) As hole by hole scores are not available in the CDH I would guess it would be unable to identify and make allowance for net double bogeys
or the calculation of the HI from those 2 differentials took them out of the best 8

Chinny

Visit site
1) CSS was not used in error. It is being rectified
2) As hole by hole scores are not available in the CDH I would guess it would be unable to identify and make allowance for net double bogeys
or the calculation of the HI from those 2 differentials took them out of the best 8

Thanks Rulefan for replying

1. You say the CSS is being rectified, I’ve tried to establish this by various means but failed. Are you able to share how you know for sure CSS will be used?
2. Didn’t know hole by hole scores are not available in CDH so will take that on board and see how that develops.

Even if the the two NR’s were not in my best 8 they should defo be included in my last 20.

I’ve just double checked to make sure they were qualifying rounds ie at least 14 holes completed and they are. I only NR’d on one hole in each of those two rounds so they should defo be 2 or my worst 12 out of last 20.

Hope my reply makes sense ???

Enjoying the forum, read it for years but only just started posting ???