Golf England members website now live!

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They don't *need* to but they promised months ago that these would be available ahead of WHS implementation and we'd be able to see it alongside our Congu handicaps.

Moreover, it's clearly the thing that everyone who give two hoots about handicapping and WHS is desperate to see. As evidenced by the excited posts on this thread.

It's reached the point that I'll just be happy if they are able to publish them on Nov 2nd.

I've just happened to look on the Scottish golf app and they now appear to be showing under the my Handicap section. Highlighting the best 8 scores. Although my Handicap has apparently went up 0.2 too 15.5.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ok, now seems to accept the CDH number, correctly tells me who I am, sends me an email to say it has updated my details then returns back to the beginning saying 'no handicap data available' .... fun fun fun .

iOS

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Restarting the app now gets me back to how things looked yesterday i.e. all the CONGU stuff is there but nowt about WHS. Sounds the same as what Kaz is seeing.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine comes out at 11.5 but it shows that in July it was 9.2 so can I claim to have had a single figure handicap? Just shows how much it can change in a short while.

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve not received my email from England Golf, if I try to access my members area I get my indicative index but nothing else ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can see my Index (13.5), so with my club off the whites being 139 it has me as 16.6, so bang on what I am now with Congu.

Unfortunately my club hasn't uploaded my email to the system so I can't see my full profile/rounds :mad:

Plus, looking at Lindrick where I played yesterday, I would have lost 1 shot :eek: but I gain a shot on the Hotchkin yellows :sneaky:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I can see a lot of issues if people are calculating their index themselves and arguing about the number.
Depending on which method you use - with or without course rating minus par - you can get a different number.
We don't use the course rating minus par method but someone searching for a calculator can find the USGA one...which does.
A guy I play with would have 24 or 25 shots depending upon which calculator he uses....WTF?

This is not a World Handicap System....
If it were, everyone would be using the same method of calculation and they're simply not.
SNAFU

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think they have tried to be too cute, should have started on your congu handicap and the course rating .. then just let it roll from there. Little bit of simple logic goes a long way.

nyckuk

Visit site
I can see a lot of issues if people are calculating their index themselves and arguing about the number.
Depending on which method you use - with or without course rating minus par - you can get a different number.
We don't use the course rating minus par method but someone searching for a calculator can find the USGA one...which does.
A guy I play with would have 24 or 25 shots depending upon which calculator he uses....WTF?

This is not a World Handicap System....
If it were, everyone would be using the same method of calculation and they're simply not.
SNAFU

Where did you read that about us not using the course rating??

Our 4 ball was having a whatsapp discussion last night , it didnt make any difference on our Home course but another course we sometimes play 2 of us would get an extra shot

thanks

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Yep. At least with the old system the calculation confusion only happened once.... or you just accepted it as a new player.

You then knew, based on CSS, what happened next. I assume this confusion will repeat as each new score is added.

We now have a dreadfully over engineered system, that has been poorly implemented. It will take much longer to bed in as a result.

Lesson. Don't try and work it out. It'll only wind you up...but not as much as when 42 points in a Stableford doesn't get you a top 5!!!