Golf Depot Chester - anyone had issues with before?

lordingsy

Club Champion
Visit site
Evening all. I ordered a putter from theses guys last Wednesday on the hope of it arriving by the weekend. I sent a polite email asking for a tracking number once dispatched as parcel farce struggle to deliver to my flat as they can't get in. I emailed both addresses on there website since Friday and I have not had a single response. I made calls during there advertised opening hours on saturday, Sunday, Monday and today. The phone has not been picked up once.

I decided to ring parcel farce when I got home from work and low and behold they have a parcel for me! Fantastic or so I thought. As soon as I left the house to collect it I had this voice in my head saying " I bet they have sent the wrong one and it's going to be nightmare trying to get a return"

So home I go and yes they have sent the wrong putter. I am absolutely fuming and concerned that I am not going to get my money back or be able to return it.

I appreciate everyone makes mistakes just hope mine wasn't using golf depot.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
they are hit and miss by all accounts. I have purchased off them several times with no issue while others have had the same problems as you.

Hope you get it sorted. (what putter was it and what did they send)

James' Slice

Hacker
Visit site
They are hit and miss indeed ! They have gone down hill recently went in today just to pick up a few bits and bobs stock is not as good as it used to be and also very expensive on the whole and there delivery is always a bit of a lottery had a few mares when ordering online !

lordingsy

Club Champion
Visit site
Just an update if any is interested. Rang many times over the course of today. No answer. Left the phone continuously ringing when I was my dinner when the call disconnected and was then left off the hook for a while. No answer again at the end of the day.

Very disappointed to say the least.

I'll certainly be sticking with my local pro for clubs now.

Allan

Visit site
Very disappointed with my visit here today... I'm just starting out, and though I have an idea of what I want, I thought I'd get some further guidance from a professional sales assistant. That was just not the case! One of the three sales assistants one was more interested in continuing a txt conversation on his phone (and he was still on it when I left 20 minutes later), one was staring off into space, and the one I got obviously didn't have a clue what stock he had (I asked about second hand clubs). The stock display is a total mess - for exampe the shoes are not arranged by size... it's like they get a delivery and pile them roughly in the same shelf area. If any of the Golf Depot managers read this - cummon guys - put a rocket up your staff and get your shop sorted! I went in with a few hundred pounds which I would have hapilly spent if your staff had been at all interested in taking my money - needless to say it stayed in my pocket! My verdict? Unprofessional staff and a mess of a store. I will be spending my money elsewhere.

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
Just thought I would share some of opinions and my more “toxic” experiences of the Chester Golf Depot with you all. Over the past three years I have been a frequent visitor to this shop as they have a decent selection of used clubs. I have never been happy with the way the staff speak to people in fact, in my opinion they have the worst customer service levels I have experienced (in any shop i have visited). My recent experience was about par for the course with the place when the owner of the shop literally snatched about £50.00 worth of gear out my hands (that I was about to pay for at the till) and dragged me by my shoulder out of his shop because I had said “NO” to paying £5 for an empty iron set box I had enquired about. I was man handled out the door, in front of about 7 other customers as he shouted something like “so you think I’m trying to rip you off ??? I’ve got to pay for the boxes and so will you !! “. Made me feel like I had been caught stealing. There was me thinking i was doing the guy a favour trying to buy a used iron box off him.

As I am sure you can imagine I will never be going near the shop again and neither will any of my friends or family.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I've just emailed them to let them know that they are getting plenty of negative feedback and before long will be a victim of their own lack of customer service skills.

I bet they pay no attention and soon go out of business. Sounds and looks like a pound shop of golf, and being from St Helens I know a bit about pound shops,

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The shop is like an old warehouse full of kit (in fact I suppose thats exactly what it is). Im in it every few months when in the area, it's ok as it goes, some bargains and some relics kicking around.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a strong TM RBZ 3 Wood from them recently, which I've since sold on.

Have to say their customer service was attrocious, and the product they sent me wasn't in half as good nick as they claimed it to be(Ex Demo club, but you don't expect it to be so badly conditioned as it was despite their claims on the sale of it condition be ing A1). So much so that when I sold it on 3 days after it arrived without hitting it, I took a rather large loss on the chin. When I emailed them about the poor condition, and delivery time, well lets just say over a month later still awaiting even an automated response

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the same putter problem, ordered one and the wrong model was sent. Gave up trying to send it back so sold it on.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The shop is like an old warehouse full of kit (in fact I suppose thats exactly what it is). Im in it every few months when in the area, it's ok as it goes, some bargains and some relics kicking around.

It's a great store if you know exactly what you want and have no need for customer service!

walshawwhippet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I deliver to the Tesco at Sealand, (which is just round the corner) and was thinking of popping in here. After reading this lot though i think i'll give it a miss. Thanks for the heads up guys/gals. :thup:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I deliver to the Tesco at Sealand, (which is just round the corner) and was thinking of popping in here. After reading this lot though i think i'll give it a miss. Thanks for the heads up guys/gals. :thup:

I've had plenty of stuff from them instore in the past - balls, clothes and clubs - some great kit in there but don't expect the customer service you get anywhere else!

walshawwhippet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its spaldos' post that has me concerned.
The wife says i can be abit like a bulldog on a short lease somedays. If some clown treated me this way in public, i doubt i would have the ability to behave with such dignity and restraint. Hats off to you spaldo.

Spaldo_2012

Hacker
Visit site
Its spaldos' post that has me concerned.
The wife says i can be abit like a bulldog on a short lease somedays. If some clown treated me this way in public, i doubt i would have the ability to behave with such dignity and restraint. Hats off to you spaldo.

I know i was beyond shocked when it happened and i still to this day look back and think i should of mentioned it to the police or taken it into my own hands. Kinda glad tho i let my feet do the talking and have never been near the place again. If you go in just avoid the owner of the shop (the guy with the Stanley blade looking scar across his cheek)

walshawwhippet

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know i was beyond shocked when it happened and i still to this day look back and think i should of mentioned it to the police or taken it into my own hands. Kinda glad tho i let my feet do the talking and have never been near the place again. If you go in just avoid the owner of the shop (the guy with the Stanley blade looking scar across his cheek)

Mmm.. why am i not surprised? :smirk:
Obviously one of life's diplomats.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think as people have said, it depends on what you are after. I use Golf Depot for balls mainly and just placed an order with them about an hour ago as they are doing a dozen Z-Stars XV's for £20. For that cash, I don't care how crap the service is, their delivery is normally really slow but as I'm in no hurry it's not a concern.

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can confirm pretty much what has been said here. I ordered a black top from them and they sent me a white one. I called them and they more told me I was being "too pickie"! I posted it back asking for a refund, they said they never received it! That said, I've bought a couple of other bits from them, balls and stuff on offer and they were a good price. Don't expect any 'customer service' or any after sales service and expect a fight if you want to return anything for ANY reason.