Golf Course Closed again

D-S

Visit site
Why wouldn't they?
No reason why they shouldn’t buy was interested to know if they confined E-2 to specific areas or generally in all the rough when playing qualifiers. The advice recommends using it, for qualifiers, in specific areas and extreme conditions only.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The transformation in our place over the last two weeks has been phenomenal. The course looks gorgeous. The greens are running lovely.

Visit site
Still on mats here in the NW at our course. Comps off turf but social golf off mats. Members not happy.
I'm not surprised. I am among that large minority- at some clubs, maybe even the majority- who rarely plays in comps, but enjoys social golf.

Given we all pay the same fee for presumably the same access, it has always amused me that people think their game is more important and to be prioritised simply because they happen to be writing a number down on a card. My own perspective is their game is supremely unimportant to me....

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised. I am among that large minority- at some clubs, maybe even the majority- who rarely plays in comps, but enjoys social golf.

Given we all pay the same fee for presumably the same access, it has always amused me that people think their game is more important and to be prioritised simply because they happen to be writing a number down on a card. My own perspective is their game is supremely unimportant to me....
It won't be the members making that call, but the commitee/course manager. Whether off a mat or grass, youre still playing golf.
This winter we have be trialling farway mats to see if there is any difference come spring. Well, we have now gone back onto the grass and the difference is astounding in how good the fairways are after the very wet winter but off mats.
I can't see us not using fairways mats every winter going forward now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get the same level of annoyance when someone playing an internal club match expects everyone else on the course to step aside for them 'because we are playing a match'. Big whuppy doo 😠

Visit site
It won't be the members making that call, but the commitee/course manager. Whether off a mat or grass, youre still playing golf.
This winter we have be trialling farway mats to see if there is any difference come spring. Well, we have now gone back onto the grass and the difference is astounding in how good the fairways are after the very wet winter but off mats.
I can't see us not using fairways mats every winter going forward now.
Of course, it will be the committees or board doing that but it doesn't change my point. My game is at least as important to me as theirs is to them.

Mats for all, without discriminating, is a different matter if needed to improve course condition. Generally we don't use them except once for some major overseeding. Personally I loathe them and instead played each shot from the rough, when we had our mats down for 6 weeks (that was the other option offered).

Here's hoping next winter is a bit more normal...

Visit site
I get the same level of annoyance when someone playing an internal club match expects everyone else on the course to step aside for them 'because we are playing a match'. Big whuppy doo 😠
Yes although my own experience is stuck behind them as they take 5 hours for a round because it's 'a match'.

What cracks me up is the time they take to line up a putt when they can't even reliably hit a putt straight....