Golf Clubs within a 10 mile radius from your home

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The reason I'm not gravitating straight to that without shopping around first isn't down to price it's down to my family and what they can get out of it as well from social aspects etc and how my memberhsip affects them.

If it ticks all those boxes then you're right I'd be silly not to but I'll always look about first by taking them into consideration before the golfing aspects.
didnt need to give a reason why mate, but obviously valid. but from the surface without knowing personal reasons - you need a good shake ;)

i look forward to play woodhall with you once you joinHAHAH

Wolf

Visit site
didnt need to give a reason why mate, but obviously valid. but from the surface without knowing personal reasons - you need a good shake;)

i look forward to play woodhall with you once you joinHAHAH
Maybe of I'd done that instead of something else I wouldn't have 6 kids causing the need for all these considerations:ROFLMAO:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Probably five. The one I've been a member of for 60 years which drains beautifully and is in great shape winter & summer. Two more which are paddy fields in the winter & one, right next door to ours, which is two fields with holes in it. The last one is too far away & I've never considered it. In my view, our course is the best one South of the Tyne, for miles.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe of I'd done that instead of something else I wouldn't have 6 kids causing the need for all these considerations:ROFLMAO:
HAHAHAHA made me laugh.

i've got 2 and go round telling people that have 3 they should be sectioned. 6.... lost for words

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
Wow this thread had me thinking! 20 courses within 10 miles of my house in Stepps just north of Glasgow, And I choose to be a member in Irvine which is over 30 miles away :eek:, but a links course so can play all year round (y)

I don't know if I would choose to join any of the courses below unless I really needed one nearer to home as the weather and drainage in Glasgow and the surrrounding area isn't great and courses tend to struggle during spells of bad weather. I play littlehill predominantly during the spring / summer months as my in laws play there and the course is a fantastic layout for a public course, it's also easier for a round afterwork & on a Sunday morning. it's a shame it doesn't get the money spent on it as it has great potential as a golf course (Jame Braid designed) not great in the wet though.

If push came to shove and I needed to join one of the below clubs I would probably be bewtween Kirkintilloch & Hayston as they are probably the most decent year round out of them all and the fees aren't extortionate (10 - 15 mins drive from home).

Crow wood
Lethamhill (Public)
Littlehill (Public)
Ruchill (Public)
Alexandra Parade (Public)
Lenzie
Cawder (2 courses)
Bishopbriggs
Kirkintilloch
Hayston
Balmore
Glasgow Golf Club (Killermont)
Mount Ellen
Drumpellier
Sandyhills
Haggs Castle
Dullatur (2 courses)
Airdrie
Linn Park (Public)
Bothwell Castle

D

Deleted member 1147

There are 7 or 8 within 10 miles, including my own, and if mine closed I wouldn't join any of them.
I'd look further afield for a better club.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Blimey it’s no wonder some courses are struggling for members with so many courses around, only 1 course in the 10 mile radius for me.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
6 within 10 miles but not been a member of any of them.

North Inch
Craigie Hill
Murryshall
Lyndoch
Dunning
King James
Population wise around 74,000 within 10 miles.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
13 according to google and I'm a member a 2 of them already.

Looking at the list there's probably only a couple I wouldn't join. Ones a muni and not in great shape, ironically the closest to me. Couple are high end clubs that I wouldn't pay the money for.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not counting Municipals, I make it 9 with a fair number more within 20.

Some i'd be delighted to join, some meh (Peterculter, Deeside, Torphins), only Westhill would see me giving up golf instead :p :sick:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that l live very close to central london, it may be a surprise that there are over 25 within a 10 mile radius of my house. Some are goat tracks, some are pretty decent, most are reasonably modest members clubs. As to whether I'd join is not just down to the course, but also to the club/facilities/members.

And they may be only 10 miles as the crow flies, but they could easily be an hour to an hour & a half's drive away

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Given that l live very close to central london, it may be a surprise that there are over 25 within a 10 mile radius of my house. Some are goat tracks, some are pretty decent, most are reasonably modest members clubs. As to whether I'd join is not just down to the course, but also to the club/facilities/members.

And they may be only 10 miles as the crow flies, but they could easily be an hour to an hour & a half's drive away

This is pretty much the same for me. I reckon I'm within a 10 mile radius of;

The Addington
Addington Court
Addington Palace
Banstead Downs
Burhill
Chipstead
Coombe Hill
Coombe Wood
Cuddington
Fulwell
Hampton Court Palace
Hersham
Horton Park
Leatherhead
Malden
Mitcham
Oaks Park
Purley Downs
Richmond Park
Roehampton
Royal Mid Surrey
Royal Wimbledon
St. George's Hill
Shirley Park
Silvermere
Surbiton
Thames Ditton & Esher
Walton Heath
Wimbledon Common/London Scottish
Wimbledon Park
The Wisley
Woodcote Park

8 of those I haven't played.

Of those I have played there are 5 I'd be happy to never set foot on again, 3 that I'm sure I either wouldn't meet the entry requirements or couldn't justify paying the costs (or both :oops:) and I'd rule over half out because of the driving time given the traffic down here. Outside of my own course there's probably one club I'd consider joining as a member if mine folded and one I'd want to join to play the courses.

There's actually a real possibility, despite that list, that if my place folded I'd end up walking away from the game as a club member.