Golf Clubs within a 10 mile radius from your home

D

Deleted member 17920

Two

I haven’t played either of them for over 5 years.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am rather lucky. The closest points of the 3 courses nearest to my house are 125m, 290m and 750m from my door respectively. All three of them are top 100 courses. I am a member of one, and have friends who play at each of the other two. They are all wonderful courses..!
So this must be either the 3 Ws or Southport. I’m intrigued

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Just checked, all the below are withing 10 miles from my house according to Google...

Sunningdale
Swinley Forest
Queenwood
Wentworth
The Berkshire
The Wisley
St George's Hill
Woking
Worplesdon
West Hill
New Zealand
Foxhills
Burhill

Then another half a dozen decent private members clubs, including where I play.

A fair few Crown Golf and another half dozen average member clubs.

3 decent pay and plays, about 5 more poor ones.

Yep, there's a lot of options round here!

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Loads.... of really good ones that I cant afford...

Wentworth, sunningdale, west hill, woking, worplesdon, camberley heath, the berkshire, swinley forest, foxhills, farnham, puttenham, the wisley, Hurtmore, st georges hill, burhill,

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Just checked, all the below are withing 10 miles from my house according to Google...

Sunningdale
Swinley Forest
Queenwood
Wentworth
The Berkshire
The Wisley
St George's Hill
Woking
Worplesdon
West Hill
New Zealand
Foxhills
Burhill

Then another half a dozen decent private members clubs, including where I play.

A fair few Crown Golf and another half dozen average member clubs.

3 decent pay and plays, about 5 more poor ones.

Yep, there's a lot of options round here!
You my neighbour?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My satnav lists 62 golf courses within 10 miles (as the crow flies) of my house. But I know at least two have closed recently. So that leaves a mere 60 to choose from.

Wolf

Visit site
Well Today we officially have relocated to Lincolnshire and within 10miles I have 6 clubs.

Woodhall Spa
South Kyme
Blankney
Sleaford
Pottergate
Boston West..

If I take that out 20 miless then I can add in a few more clubs most noteworthy being..

Newark
Market Rasen
Belton Woods
Belton Park
Spalding

This weekend I'm off in my rounds so to speak to seek a new club to join. This is going to be fun and wallet liberating..

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well Today we officially have relocated to Lincolnshire and within 10miles I have 6 clubs.

Woodhall Spa
South Kyme
Blankney
Sleaford
Pottergate
Boston West..

If I take that out 20 miless then I can add in a few more clubs most noteworthy being..

Newark
Market Rasen
Belton Woods
Belton Park
Spalding

This weekend I'm off in my rounds so to speak to seek a new club to join. This is going to be fun and wallet liberating..
Why bother, literally one club anyone should join there

FAB90

Visit site
I have about 15 or so that are within 10 miles i think. I have just started playing so will possibly be looking to join a club next year not sure where yet though.

D

Deleted member 17920

I know which one you mean but for me there are more factors at play than just limiting it to that one choice alone because of its status..

I can see your point.

What are you after from the golf club you are wishing to join?

I am in Sunday, if you want to come and have a look round let me know (y)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why.... Because I don't gravitate straight towards Woodhall because of its status.. :unsure:
its not about status. its dirt cheap, has the best practice facilities arguably in the country, 2 courses, very friendly membership. personally i dont see how you could look anywhere else.

membership sales guy is a bit of a shark though

Wolf

Visit site
its not about status. its dirt cheap, has the best practice facilities arguably in the country, 2 courses, very friendly membership. personally i dont see how you could look anywhere else.

membership sales guy is a bit of a shark though
Not questioning the price because I agree highly affordable, not questioning facilities as again exceptional and as for the dodgy sales guy he's been really helpful me already through this forum alone. The reason I'm not gravitating straight to that without shopping around first isn't down to price it's down to my family and what they can get out of it as well from social aspects etc and how my memberhsip affects them.

If it ticks all those boxes then you're right I'd be silly not to but I'll always look about first by taking them into consideration before the golfing aspects.