golf club joining fees

Mowgli

Hacker
Visit site
Gripe time,

Is it just me or am i being Wrong ?

Would like to join a Royal Navy run golf course were if you are serving member of the navy you pay £40 a month for your membership and no joining fee.

However if you are in the Army like myself and wish to join the club i have to pay £55 a month which i have not got a problem with and am glad to pay were i have a gripe is the fact that they want me to pay several hundred pounds for the joining fee even through i am a member of the armed forces. (Civilians have to pay the same joining fee) being a serving member in the armed forces i don't think i should have to pay the fee (but hey that's just me).

I know it is normal when joining a golf club and some joining fees are out of this world. This for me is a matter of principle am i right or wrong to think like this.

Regards

Mowgli :D

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have heard about this before and think it's wrong. You're all working for the same company so to speak. Does the armed forces have its own golf course?

Mowgli

Hacker
Visit site
Yes many garrisons towns have their own golf clubs however i am not posted in a garrison. I am posted in Plymouth which as a lot of courses in the area but no Army ones.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Boo... shame on the navy. This seems a bit harsh.

Is the club a business like any other or is it non profit making?

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That does seem unfair. It might be written into the club's constitution that there are two rules: one for Navy people and one for everyone else. You fall into the second category.