Golf Buggy Hire

Zimmie

Visit site
I don’t get to play much golf these days due to ongoing health problems, and if I do then a golf buggy is an absolute must have.
So looking around my local courses I find the buggy hire costs more than the actual round itself, around £20
My gripe is I still want to play golf and enjoy the scenery, the smell of the grass etc.. but it would cost me nearly £40.
Incidentally I never gave it much thought when I more able.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can be expensive for visitors but generally cheaper for members.

£40 for a few hours on a course has got to be a bargain in terms of the health benefits the game offers. Cheaper than a lot of hobbies.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
price of needing a buggy I'm afraid. Other than owning your own, what can you do? Share?

£20 per buggy is about average my area, rarely cheaper and many parts of the country a lot more. Abroad - be lucky to get change out of £50 for a buggy.

Use Golf now/tee of times for cheap rates to reduce over all costs

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£20 is about the average for a visitor around here.

I know of quite a few courses where it is £25

What annoys me is that I have my own buggy but courses that insist you hire one of theirs is becoming more common. At least one thing I know is that those courses will no longer get a green fee from me and several others in the same situation.

Zimmie

Visit site
£20 is about the average for a visitor around here.

I know of quite a few courses where it is £25

What annoys me is that I have my own buggy but courses that insist you hire one of theirs is becoming more common. At least one thing I know is that those courses will no longer get a green fee from me and several others in the same situation.

That’s a strange one, if you had insurance can’t see it being an issue.

Zimmie

Visit site
Can be expensive for visitors but generally cheaper for members.

£40 for a few hours on a course has got to be a bargain in terms of the health benefits the game offers. Cheaper than a lot of hobbies.

Yep members get discount, as for health benefits I’m usually wasted for days afterwards.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tough one if you aren't a member anywhere. Personal buggies are expensive, hard to transport course to course and some courses don't let you use them, especially in winter conditions. I hope you can find a solution but I think you may need to either find a buddy from somewhere or suck up the extra costs. As I said a toughie

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A course up here used to do a deal for senior members where you paid a fixed amount, only around £60, per year and then it was £5 per round for buggy hire. The aim was to encourage seniors to keep playing rather than give up the game, they had a disproportionate number and it could have affected the club in lost fees. It was a big success and as seniors often play in the same groups they would alternate who paid, keeping the cost down further for the member.

I don't know if they still offer it but I would expect so, they are a club who are making smart decisions and have been for a while now.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
A course up here used to do a deal for senior members where you paid a fixed amount, only around £60, per year and then it was £5 per round for buggy hire. The aim was to encourage seniors to keep playing rather than give up the game, they had a disproportionate number and it could have affected the club in lost fees. It was a big success and as seniors often play in the same groups they would alternate who paid, keeping the cost down further for the member.

I don't know if they still offer it but I would expect so, they are a club who are making smart decisions and have been for a while now.
Sounds sensible - but the economics wouldn't work here (opportunity cost etc). They do a full buggy annual fee, which works well for those playing at home twice a week on average (more like 3 x in summer given closed periods most winters).
£20 split @ a tenner a head always works for me - @ 20 alone I feel the OPs pain.
5hen again I've seen them a lot, lot more in the States!

Zimmie

Visit site
Tough one if you aren't a member anywhere. Personal buggies are expensive, hard to transport course to course and some courses don't let you use them, especially in winter conditions. I hope you can find a solution but I think you may need to either find a buddy from somewhere or suck up the extra costs. As I said a toughie

What a fantastic idea to keep people playing, and to keep the club going.
I'm not a senior... yet, but have very bad mobility issues.