Best single seater golf buggy

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Moving on from “too old to play golf thread”:I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and possibly my left. I hd to come off an extremely hilly course, goat track yesterday, because of the pain after 7 holes.

Early 70’s and have a doctor’s note for an electric trolley at my Club. Still undecided regarding new Knee OR Cotazone(spelling) injection.I am Ok on the flat but going downhill is painful to say the least.

However the main issue is whether to purchase a one seater buggy and if so which is the best.

Also only have an Astra hatchback so transportation may be a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can't help with make of buggy I'm afraid but from what I've seen, you might need a large estate car to transport it. The other, more practical, option would be for tow bar and trailer - also easier to physicaly manage.

I have Ostoe Arth in my knees. The recommended physio did nothing for it so they tried cortisone injections. Useless. Temporarily eased the pain and reduced swelling very slightly but certainly not a long term "cure".

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been using a buggy for 30 years. I have owned two makes only PowaKaddy (now Electrokart) and Grasshopper. The grass hopper I found to be the better of the two by quite a margin. The majority of buggy users where I play are Grasshopper owners.
The other make you might consider is Patterson products.
Completely avoid the cheap made in China ones you see on EBAY everybody I know that has had one has regretted buying it.

I have Peugeot 308 Hatchback and it fits in the back with the seats down (the buggy seat has to be removed). I use a cut up pallet to fill the drop in the boot, one of my mates had a Skoda Fabia Hatchback and he could fit one in his.

Do not buy a 3 wheeler, they are very unstable.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use a Electrokart Voyager, it strips down into 3 parts and everything fits into the boot of my Hyundai i40 along with my Titliest Cart bag.
I have a new 24 volt lithium battery but it won't go up our 16th as it's a very steep hill .
So I leave it at the bottom and just walk up.
There's a video on the Electrokart Web site

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have been using a buggy for 30 years. I have owned two makes only PowaKaddy (now Electrokart) and Grasshopper. The grass hopper I found to be the better of the two by quite a margin. The majority of buggy users where I play are Grasshopper owners.
The other make you might consider is Patterson products.
Completely avoid the cheap made in China ones you see on EBAY everybody I know that has had one has regretted buying it.

I have Peugeot 308 Hatchback and it fits in the back with the seats down (the buggy seat has to be removed). I use a cut up pallet to fill the drop in the boot, one of my mates had a Skoda Fabia Hatchback and he could fit one in his.

Do not buy a 3 wheeler, they are very unstable.
Helpful comments and will look at those 2. thanks

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
I might be mistaken but I understand e-caddy are no longer in business
I wasnt aware of this. My pal bought one 18months or so ago as he suffers with a knee issue and his golf was suffering. His golf has somewhat improved since he's had it. They even had it delivered by a courier for him and the courier dropped it at his course for him. I've just checked on ebay and theres a few brand new ones for sale on there.

sjw

Visit site
I saw a guy using a segway yesterday. Not sure if he needed it or whatever, but it looked great fun

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasnt aware of this. My pal bought one 18months or so ago as he suffers with a knee issue and his golf was suffering. His golf has somewhat improved since he's had it. They even had it delivered by a courier for him and the courier dropped it at his course for him. I've just checked on ebay and theres a few brand new ones for sale on there.
The ones on the bay are from London, e-caddy was based in Ilkeston, the Forum legend Fish had a contract to deliver them

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What’s the chances of leaving it at your club, there’s a few at our place and they let them leave the buggy’s in one of the sheds. 👍

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What’s the chances of leaving it at your club, there’s a few at our place and they let them leave the buggy’s in one of the sheds. 👍
Great pic btw. How was the day!

There is nowhere to store at present. some talk of a shed being built but it will be a long process

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Twas an excellent day 3OTT, fantastic seeing all the family together. Parents are 84 and 86 so may be last chance all the family is together. Weather deffo helped.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same lack of storage problem at my club, that's why I bought the Electrokart, it strips down and stays in the car boot (y)

For OPs reference the Grass Hopper will also seperate in to several parts.

It may be important- the Classic is noticeably wider than than the Cobra. The Electrokart and the Classic may too wide to go through pedestrian gates at some clubs and too wide to go in to the back of some hatchbacks.

I remember playing Weymouth and having to dismantle my Powakaddy (Electrokart) and rebuild it the other side of two gates twice, as the course crosses back and forth across a road with just a narrow pedestrian gate either side of the road.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

It may be important- the Classic is noticeably wider than than the Cobra. The Electrokart and the Classic may too wide to go through pedestrian gates at some clubs and too wide to go in to the back of some hatchbacks.

I remember playing Weymouth and having to dismantle my Powakaddy (Electrokart) and rebuild it the other side of two gates twice, as the course crosses back and forth across a road with just a narrow pedestrian gate either side of the road.

Yes Jim the Electrokart is wider, I had to ask our green staff to widen one of our gates by cutting away about 30x300mm of the angle iron from one side at the bottom just enough to allow the wheel through.
The Grasshopper was my 1st choice, but unfortunately, it was too high to fit in my i40 boot as I don't have a hatchback, it was also too heavy to lift by myself even when dismantled without having to remove the batteries.
Fingers crossed I don't encounter any narrow gates on my travels, but if I do, it only takes 30 seconds to strip it into 3. (y)WhatsApp Image 2023-05-23 at 14.27.40.jpgbuggy and bag in boot.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-05-23 at 14.29.20.jpgbuggy in boot.jpg

Last edited: