Golf Bag tags

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our Golf club is considering paying £4.28 for flexi tags for members to attach to their bags ,we used to have plastic ones and members stuck on an adhesive year sticker on,ive had one for about 20 years how can the committee justify that kind of spend on bag tags?ithink they have sourced them from Hazard Golf.
any body ant suggestions?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why fix what isn't broken? I think you have asked the correct question already, what is the justification for changing when the system you have works and any annual cost is minimal.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have tags that you apply a sticker to every year. The last time I went in the office to get my sticker was 2017. After 30+ years membership I think they know who I am now😁. Most of the stickers fall off anyway when they become wet. We always used to get a club diary at the same time you collected your sticker but that was stopped a few years ago because of cost.

The Fader

Visit site
As a one off gesture - I could live with it provided it was distinctive, with a point of difference
that looked good on your bag.

But if it's a new one every year, committee needs to give its collective head a wobble.

We have hard plastic tags with annual stickers which took a bit naff. At my son's club he got given a beautiful, engraved metal bag tag on joining which looks fantastic and will last for years.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Despite years of membership at 2 clubs prior to my current place, and 3 years here. I have just got my first bag tag. And that is only because it’s our centenary so they bought special ones for the membership.

Don’t really see the point, and I certainly wouldn’t be buying them for a fiver each for the entire membership just for the sake of changing them.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have the flexible plastic tag that you apply an annual sticker on. For a prestigious club I think they look naff and not many members use them. Many clubs will give visitors a far better looking tag when they play. Personally, I would be prepared to pay out a couple of quid extra to have one.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Be almost as cheap to get every member a distinctive bag towel each year, and probably more environmentally friendly to boot,

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
We use the cheap plastic tag with a year sticker, but i believe there are moves afoot to upgrade to a more premium tag. As mentioned above, I would be happy to pay a few pounds extra to have something that looks the part and does not cry out "budget course".

Kennysarmy

Visit site
As a one off gesture - I could live with it provided it was distinctive, with a point of difference
that looked good on your bag.

But if it's a new one every year, committee needs to give its collective head a wobble.

We have hard plastic tags with annual stickers which took a bit naff. At my son's club he got given a beautiful, engraved metal bag tag on joining which looks fantastic and will last for years.

Standard plastic ones here which you affix the sticker too, but for our Centenary we all got a really smart metal one - too nice though so I keep it at home rather than on the bag haha

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a nice metal one when I joined, one of the last from a batch they had made up. Lives on my trolley bag which I have stopped using as I carry now. Might remember to swap it sometime but no one checks anyway

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
What's a pitch mark repairer?
Nothing you'll ever need to worry about using! 🤣🤣
We have a plastic tag with a sticker every year. I think asking them the question you've asked us is valid. Seems crazy to me.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
What's a pitch mark repairer?
I see the confusion, you may have missed the memo - they have been re re-branded to Divot Tool (apparently).

Re bag tags - previous club had the plastic things with the stickers but in last couple of years didn't bother with new stickers. Current club has nothing.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We’ve had several. Different tags over the years and I still use the original which is still the best looking.

sunshine

Visit site
We always received a new thin plastic credit card sized tag every year. I'm sure these are cheap to produce, but look quite smart as you can print a nice photo of the course / clubhouse on them. Not very environmentally friendly though.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We always received a new thin plastic credit card sized tag every year. I'm sure these are cheap to produce, but look quite smart as you can print a nice photo of the course / clubhouse on them. Not very environmentally friendly though.

We often get these credit card bag tags at Opens. As you say photo of the course on one side so looks smart and name etc on reverse (they're not used for course/comp entry more to ID the bag with player for the buggys)
I usually leave one on each bag but it doesn't stop the next course adding their own tag next time I visit