Golf Travel Bag

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have an Ogio Yeti wheeled soft cover, very good and very durable and is almost unmarked in 4 long haul trips. Paid £70 for it from Amazon.

I'd recommend this, also have had a look since getting this at the Letters ones in DG and they look very good and reasonably priced too.

I know you have AG vouchers but shop around too and maybe if you spot one AG could order it in?

V

vkurup

The ones taking my fancy at AG are
a) Club Glove Last Bag Golf Travel Bag
b) Titleist Club Glove XXL Travel Cover

Club Glove costs a sheikh's dowry, but looks impressive.
Just a passing thought, they look remarkably similar, and I wont be surprised if they are made by the same shop in China..

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a John Letters one that I got from DG for about £60, my mate has the Cobra Rolling one that AG do which cost him £110. My JL one kicks it's erse in terms of padding and quality. So costly doesn't always mean better.
Regardless of how padded any travel bag is my clubs always get bubblewrap weaved and taped around them, or my bag towels wrapped around them and taped.

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The ones taking my fancy at AG are
a) Club Glove Last Bag Golf Travel Bag
b) Titleist Club Glove XXL Travel Cover
I have the second one. At a guess I must have used it on at least 50 trans atlantic trips and several european/rest of the world trips. It shows almost no wear - the hard plastic base shows scratches but that is it. I got club glove stiff arm thrown in with my bag to protect the clubs lengthwise.

CG may cost more but they are worth it if you intend doing a reasonable amount of travelling.

V

vkurup

Tnx TXL... i will look up the titelist when i get in the store.. I am unlikely to do more than 1 trip/year

At a guess I must have used it on at least 50 trans atlantic trips and several european/rest of the world trips. .

I want ur job :rofl:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently on holiday using Sun Mountain Golf Glider.
I've had 3 previous travel bags and this knocks the others into a cocked hat.
Google for images.

We paid a tad over £100 for them.
Best bag ever.

V

vkurup

Believe me, all that travel is not as good as it sounds, but it did let me retire early :)

As a consultant, I did my travel bit.. Agree it is not as glamourous as it is sounds... But don't complain if u got to retire before 40

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Mines a Dunlop wheeled travel bag, £20 from sports direct

What I do to protect the clubs in flight will have far more bearing on their condition at arrival than any variances for the fabric variety of travel bag (wonder how paying for a 'premium' name on the side stops a size 12 boot from walking on it without damage!)