Golf trip insurance

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
We are having a trip to Villamoura in March. I am trying to get travel insurance, but reading the small print on numerous websites they all do not cover golf clubs whilst in transit with an airline for loss, damage, theft etc. Does anyone know of a company that covers this area as what’s the point in golf trip extra premium Of up to £15 if they won’t cover your clubs being nicked
. . Any suggestions greatly welcome.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Check your home insurance to see if your clubs are covered for holidays abroad. I have seperate golf insurance which covers me worldwide, so I only require travel insurance.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
it’s the driver into someone's pool that I worry about, houses are often built too close to the course! Need to insure against damage playing out there if you play like me.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Any recommendations on golf insurance? Ideally someone who pays up and doesn't try to get out of it. I don't want the hassle again like when I had to get the Insurance Ombudsman involved when Churchill car insurance wouldn't pay up.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I know what you mean. mine cost about £60 by the time I had enough cost coverage for my golf gear to a level that would cover my Stewart go,f trolley when left in the car boot Plus cover abroad for everything else. I found golf care to be the most flexible though. i had to ring them up though to find they did a single item limit waiver for an extra £4 so it’s best to call if you need some thing you can’t see.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
it’s the driver into someone's pool that I worry about, houses are often built too close to the course! Need to insure against damage playing out there if you play like me.
LOL, playing Son Vida 3rd or mibbie 4th hole my mate hooked his drive onto someone's balcony scattering everything, but no claim.
But another mate sliced his drive at the 1st hole at the old Santa Ponsa course clearing the swimming pool then smashing the massive clubhouse window, thankfully he was insured.

I'll try and find the newspaper clipping of him holding the ball with the club pro in front of the broken window.

RIP John Dickson , Wishaw Golf club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sports cover Direct are good
It’s not just your clubs you need to have cover if you do any damage.
Don’t leave your clubs in the car abroad , there are strict rules about overnight storage in lots of policies usually after 10 pm.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It's not rocket science (y)
At £20 a year I think he’ll be disappointed when he goes to claim if abroad. when I went looking for mine. That will cover uk only and massively depreciating value up to 5 years. The £20 policies are only really any good for public liability cover. Fine for most people but not for the original poster.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Thanks to all for the advice. I went and got insurance with sports cover direct and also got basic holiday insurance. Had big old chat with a rep from Staysure who actually sponsor the golf but give no cover for clubs what so ever and I was told if clubs went missing or damaged I would have to claim off airline. Looking forward to a great week of golf and first time in Portugal..

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Thanks to all for the advice. I went and got insurance with sports cover direct and also got basic holiday insurance. Had big old chat with a rep from Staysure who actually sponsor the golf but give no cover for clubs what so ever and I was told if clubs went missing or damaged I would have to claim off airline. Looking forward to a great week of golf and first time in Portugal..

For basic club insurance, your home insurance should cover (sports) goods away from home. The airline is always responsible for the goods whilst in their "care", most insurance will refer you to them. You mainly want golf specific insurance to cover you for personal liability/ accident etc. Not sure how any policy cover works at resorts when you leave the clubs with the course staff overnight in their lock up?