Golf Related Engagement Present

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Due to get married in June, just finished paying off all the suppliers, venue etc so the financial burden is at least done with.

The Mrs has been asking again and again what I want as some kind of wedding present, I’ve now caved in as it’s relentless.

Problem is I literally want for nothing, I have all the gear I really need and the only thing I was considering buying was a new electric golf trolley and TS Driver and 3 Wood. So she wanted to buy me these.

Problem is I know within two years i’ll Have upgraded the drivers and they’ll be moved on and probably same with the trolley.

I’d rather have something if she insists that has some Sentimental meaning that I can keep and that doesn’t end up gathering dust.

The only thing I can currently think of is maybe some custom putter that is personalised? I’d suggest going to a golf event together and making a holiday out ofit together but that would be her idea of a nightmare.

Anybody any suggestions for some golf related sentimental gifts?

I’m well and truly stuck, I like the idea of the putter but I have no idea where to even start with That, don’t really fancy a custom Scotty for such an occasion.

Would ideally be a a customised Napa style head however.

Wolf

Visit site
I'm actually in the same boat we get married in August and have been lucky that her Dad has insisted on paying for the whole thing, all we've had to pay is for honeymoon.

Problem is like you my Mrs is insisting she needs to buy me a present so I've been wracking my brain for weeks and I'm torn between a a custom putter or a couple of pimped new Wedges. I have a pro friend that's pointed me towards a company called golf alchemy that do some serious customisation work so could have pretty much anything done and once upgrading can keep safely tucked at home as a wedding and golfing keepsake.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trip to Old Course

Exactly what I came here to suggest. Mrs got me a round for my 40th this summer, amazing memories, some lovely spa hotels in town as well where she can spend the day whilst you're on the links. Congrats and best of luck for the big day, it'll go by in a flash.

D

Deleted member 21258

Possession based, a St Andrews old course pewter Tanker engraved with a picture of you/wife on your wedding day with the date etc on. A nice keepsake and can be used for drinking from.

However me I am not really interested in possessions myself, so would have to be an experience/memory together if I was in your shoes.

Somewhere like Turnberry as LT mentioned above, play golf, walk along the sea, goto the spa/pool area, buy a turnberry Scotland flag jumper, eat at Wildings that was great and if you can afford it in the hotel or a trip to St Andrews. Both have loads to do in the area.

Best of luck with the wedding, enjoy the day, its great.:)

sunshine

Visit site
As others have mentioned, golf gear will get replaced and forgotten but a special experience will leave lasting memories.

I played Kapalua on my honeymoon, watching the Tournament of Champions on TV every year brings back great memories.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I would try and go for a top top course and have a great experience which you will remember and associate with the whole experience. St Andrews is a great shout.

My best men, a few mates and I played at Cruden Bay the day before the wedding and then we played Meldrum House on the morning of the wedding. Top memories

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for all these brilliant suggestions:

A golfing themed break is peaking my interest I must say. We both get a break and she relaxes and gets pampered whilst I get a round or two of golf in for a small portion of a couple of the days. We then have plenty of time to do things together.

We have actually not done Scotland together and this is something we wanted to do so I could chuck some money towards and turn it into a long weekend.

Whilst I'm there I could possibly squeeze in the old course and turnberry and stay at each place for a couple of days. It would be nice to get a decent drive across the scottish countryside in the process as I know its a fair commute.

Think I may look closer into this, I do like the idea of us sharing a memory together than just having a possession that only I get to enjoy and that likely is just for sentimental value in the upcoming years as it gathers dust.

As i've not played a single course in Scotland I'm sure there memories i'll never forget.

I'll read up through prior threads to tips on getting a knock on old course, key seems to be turning up at a ridiculous hour? Which sounds like part of the fun and excitement to me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for all these brilliant suggestions:

A golfing themed break is peaking my interest I must say. We both get a break and she relaxes and gets pampered whilst I get a round or two of golf in for a small portion of a couple of the days. We then have plenty of time to do things together.

We have actually not done Scotland together and this is something we wanted to do so I could chuck some money towards and turn it into a long weekend.

Whilst I'm there I could possibly squeeze in the old course and turnberry and stay at each place for a couple of days. It would be nice to get a decent drive across the scottish countryside in the process as I know its a fair commute.

Think I may look closer into this, I do like the idea of us sharing a memory together than just having a possession that only I get to enjoy and that likely is just for sentimental value in the upcoming years as it gathers dust.

As i've not played a single course in Scotland I'm sure there memories i'll never forget.

I'll read up through prior threads to tips on getting a knock on old course, key seems to be turning up at a ridiculous hour? Which sounds like part of the fun and excitement to me.
I'm always getting emails from Trump for Turnberry and Aberdeen, some quite good deals for stay and play, though still quite expensive for TB. Might be worth enquiring with the Old course hotel they do have access to tee times on the OC, though it is quite expensive, but if she's paying who cares;)

or if you fancy being more adventurous there are stay and play deals for up here, playing Castle Stuart, Nairn and Royal Dornoch with Dinner B&B in Inverness, though the cheap deals are back end of the season. you can fly to Inverness airport from most UK airports, you can make Inverneck a base and see the highlands and the west coast is only and hours drive;)