golf bag advice please

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
my ping hoofer bag is driving me nuts. its a 5 way divider with 3 different internal sections (i think)
its a pain to get my clubs in and out without them snagging on other clubs. on many occasions i have to stand the bag up vertical and fish around for a free space.

i was going to buy a 3 way divider bag as my pp doesn't have this problem. however, because the clubs are free to move around more the protected edges on the dividers wear away faster and start to rub his shafts.

any advice please.... i cant go on living like this 😀

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wouldn't you just buy a 14-way divider bag then? I was thinking of doing that at some point. Then again I only have 12 clubs in the bag so I probably don't need it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wouldn't you just buy a 14-way divider bag then? I was thinking of doing that at some point. Then again I only have 12 clubs in the bag so I probably don't need it.

they are heavier and i find it a pain to fish out where the gap is for the club. however, if it fixed my problem then it's a small price to pay

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
14 way divider bags are all well and good but it's only the top/entrance of the bag that's divided, the rest of the shaft and grips are all left to their own devices once past the divider and inevitably end up tangling up...

This is an issue I have been suffering from of late myself, you'd have thought in this day and age that somebody would have come up with a solution...

I remember when you could get those plastic tubes that slotted into yer bag, they worked well, each club had its own tube to slide into, only problem was the damage they did to the shafts of yer clubs through the shaft rubbing on the lip of the tube...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
14 way divider bags are all well and good but it's only the top/entrance of the bag that's divided, the rest of the shaft and grips are all left to their own devices once past the divider and inevitably end up tangling up...

This is an issue I have been suffering from of late myself, you'd have thought in this day and age that somebody would have come up with a solution...

I remember when you could get those plastic tubes that slotted into yer bag, they worked well, each club had its own tube to slide into, only problem was the damage they did to the shafts of yer clubs through the shaft rubbing on the lip of the tube...

I always wanted a set of those in my early days of playing golf.
One of my recent vintage bags came with a set of them and I thought great!

But unless you draw the club out dead straight the grips snag on the tube wall and the hole tube comes out so they're a pain in themselves.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I always wanted a set of those in my early days of playing golf.
One of my recent vintage bags came with a set of them and I thought great!

But unless you draw the club out dead straight the grips snag on the tube wall and the hole tube comes out so they're a pain in themselves.

I use them and I have mid size grips on my irons. they work fine. One or two can be a little tight but on the whole they are fine.

I use them for wedges and irons as my old bag only has 3 sections.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I use them and I have mid size grips on my irons. they work fine. One or two can be a little tight but on the whole they are fine.

They definitely work Gary, it's just me not pulling the clubs out straight that causes them to catch.
Another thing I need to practice over the winter. ;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

They definitely work Gary, it's just me not pulling them out straight that causes the grips to catch.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They definitely work Gary, it's just me not pulling the clubs out straight that causes them to catch.

Tbf the tubes sit snug in the bag. Its only the odd one that catches sometimes and pulls up as you say.

I'd say they would work well in the smaller carry type bags.