Golf after lockdown 2

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our ClubV1 went live at 7am, including next saturday’s comp. Took 5 mins to get into the site (assume due to traffic), headed to the comp first, got a decent time but now all booked up. Then booked in the 2nd group on Wednesday and another one on Thursday - plenty of times available after mid morning.

We’ve only just adopted ClubV1 (was hdid before) and I don’t like it. Lots of good features but it very slow.

Now back to weather watching! ??

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ours went live at 0630 yesterday.

Havet started working shifts yet for new job but the latest start at 1130. So managed to grab to 0730 tees.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our ClubV1 went live at 7am, including next saturday’s comp. Took 5 mins to get into the site (assume due to traffic), headed to the comp first, got a decent time but now all booked up. Then booked in the 2nd group on Wednesday and another one on Thursday - plenty of times available after mid morning.

We’ve only just adopted ClubV1 (was hdid before) and I don’t like it. Lots of good features but it very slow.

Now back to weather watching! ??

Surely Club V1 and HDID are bedfellows.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just as England come out of lockdown 2, Wales prepares to go into lockdown/fire break 3 from 4th December. Details to be announced tomorrow but hopefully the golf courses will be allowed to remain open but I'm not optimistic.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club have been very good at communicating with us throughout all this. I’m booked on to play 9 holes weds and sat. Encouraging but at the same time in the back of my mind that this is not over yet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just as England come out of lockdown 2, Wales prepares to go into lockdown/fire break 3 from 4th December. Details to be announced tomorrow but hopefully the golf courses will be allowed to remain open but I'm not optimistic.

Not sure about all this flip flopping in and out of fire breaks and even worse if golf is then sucked up in it again. Perhaps they will heed all the approaches EGU made to parliament and keep courses open. Can but hope

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure about all this flip flopping in and out of fire breaks and even worse if golf is then sucked up in it again. Perhaps they will heed all the approaches EGU made to parliament and keep courses open. Can but hope

The problem is that the whole of Wales appears as if it is going to be treated equally, irrespective of the R rate or local health authority infections. In our part of the North we have been reducing the number of infections significantly following the last fire break but we will be treated just the same as areas with high rates.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well one day to go - anyone else a touch excited and has a tee time tomorrow ?

I think I’m more excited about tomorrow than Xmas Day ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Off to the range first thing to see if I can actually swing a club and then, hopefully, on to the club for a bacon roll from the window followed by the back 9 at just before 1.
Just cleaned the clubs, a couple of batteries ( trolley and gps) on charge...
Could be playing Friday too but the weather looks foul....could be snow, bloomin cold....mmm..maybe not.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tee off at 8.10 tomorrow, debating whether it’s light enough to get on the range at 7.30 to make sure I can remember what to do!

Very excited.

sunshine

Visit site
As expected, November was mild, a bit of rain, but no extended deluges. Would have been an excellent month for golf (by November standards).

I have a tee time on Friday and the BBC forecast is expecting heavy snow showers. :rolleyes:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
1 more sleep till golf BOOM !!!!!!

As said shame the weather is turning cold and wet :-( after all this glorious lockdown 2 mild stuff. time to clean my bats and get my kit ready IT'S CHRISTMAS everyone :love: golf Christmas

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking forward to my tee time tomorrow.our time go live 9 days before at 8pm it’s a real pain to get a slot but got 10.20 Wednesday 9 on Thursday and 10 nxt Wednesday . Playing in 4 balls 18 holes. No alcohol unless ordering a meal but pasty doesn’t class as a meal but pasty and chips does. Happy days

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Decided to brave it for Saturday despite the rain. Just need to be finger poised at 7.00am to get a slot. Range time tomorrow night although I have the option of taking tomorrow off and there are the odd slots out there. Not got my golfing mojo at the moment though