GO IN!!!

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I'm just watching a very entertaining end to the World Match Play and some Muppet keeps shouting Go In, Go In after every tee shot!! Is this going to be the new Get in the Hole?!

Americans should have to follow the golf behind sound proof glass so we don't have to hear there ridiculous shouting.

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suppose you could argue it doesn't matter what they shout as long as it's after the player has struck the ball. I never trusted that Gonzo anyay.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure what GolfDonky is referring to - but Get in the Hole has to be most idiotic thing ever said on a golf course (apart from "I held" a putt...!) - Am all for enthusiasm and a bit of passion on the course but there ahs to be a limit. Check out the Irish at the K Club - now that was the perfect kinda support

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Until the ball has landed people should keep their comments to themselves then say something constructive like "good shot". The 'get in the hole' irritates me beyond belief - where does it come from anyway. Can't remember people saying it when first went to Open abt 15 years ago.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's particularly ridiculous when someone shouts it as a player tees off on a par 5 or hacks out sideways from the cabbage. If it was intended to be ironic then it might be funny, but Americans don't do irony.

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
Totally agree, I can’t stand hearing “get in the hole” it should be banned and any culprits put on a “most not wanted at golf tournaments” poster so they can hang their heads in shame… If I was playing and someone with me shouted anything alike after the ball had just left my putter, I’d be pretty annoyed….. it’s irritating, it’s uncouth, and I don’t even believe it’s sincere…. In most sports any vocal encouragement is directed at human beings to give them a physiological edge or belief in the hope of achieving success, but a golf ball, I ask you!!!! It’s nothing more than attention seeking crap and like the mobile phones it should be banned. Celebrating a good shot, now that’s different matter…..

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its true what they say ::::::: the worst thing about America is it is full of Americans. They just PI$$ me off. I also hate the way they have to abreviate everything. I was playing with a very ignorant American at Prestwick Golf Club (circa 1851) and he complimented the overall condition of the course but enquired as to wjy they built it next to an AIRPORT.