Glastonbury 2023

RichA

Visit site
Is it just me?
Most of the performers I have seen this year have been really poor.
I always enjoy the Glastonbury coverage. I agree. Not seen much that that's blown me away and seen some that was dreadful, to me.
Watched a bit of GnR last night. I lasted 10 minutes. Didn't help that Axl looks and sounds like an elderly woman.
For years I've considered going, but lacked support from friends I thought would be up for it. Seeing quite a lot of 50-somethings like me there this weekend I've decided it's best left to the young'uns. They look like pitiful old people trying too hard.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't watch Glastonbury because I know in advance it's dreadful.
Where the great unwashed descend on a sleepy town in Somerset to make a noise and listen to a noise.
I'll wager the locals there can't wait for it to finish.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't watch Glastonbury because I know in advance it's dreadful.
Where the great unwashed descend on a sleepy town in Somerset to make a noise and listen to a noise.

Great unwashed ? Who are they

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I read that too, didn’t go down well at all apparently.
I used to like watching Glastonbury, the smaller stages with decent bands on were superb. These days it just seems to be really really naff with over the top bbc coverage.
Mate went to see them at Sheffield a few week back,said they were bad then.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Although I only live a few miles down the road I have never been.

However this caught my eye on FB this morning. Shows just how big the place is.

What makes the locals smile is when people turn up in Glastonbury and ask where the festival is.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think you will find a lot of locals do not mind because of the benefits it brings e.g Michael Eavis has just opened a small estate of social housing.

The locals also get there own festival put on by the Eavis's to which only locals can attend

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There's something a bit rotten about a country's culture when there have been an ever decreasing number of decent bands since (waves licked finger in the air) 1994.

Definitely a sign of a civilisation well on the way down the other side.

Excuse me now, while I go outside and shout at a few passing clouds...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mate went to see them at Sheffield a few week back,said they were bad then.

Interesting, did he say why? I saw them at The Emirates last week and they were great, had the place rocking. I watched their Glasto set and it did seem a little slower, maybe he was protecting his voice. He did more from their latest album which I think is always wrong at a festival, the crowd ain’t necessarily your fans so stick to the bangers.

Angry 18 year old Alex is what people want, not mellow 37 year old Alex.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Interesting, did he say why? I saw them at The Emirates last week and they were great, had the place rocking. I watched their Glasto set and it did seem a little slower, maybe he was protecting his voice. He did more from their latest album which I think is always wrong at a festival, the crowd ain’t necessarily your fans so stick to the bangers.

Angry 18 year old Alex is what people want, not mellow 37 year old Alex.
He said there wasn’t much atmosphere,considering it was their home coming gig 🤷‍♂️
Tbh I think their last album was terrible.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I saw Blondie back in 1980. Biggest disappointment - Debbie Harry was just so wooden with no stage presence. I hope that they are better now.
I thought I saw Angela Trimble performing at the IOW concert last week when flicking channels.
Not bad for 77.

Next year I hear it could be the Spice Gals. Really look forward already to that.