Faulty M4 irons from American Golf

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How is the issue down to American Golf?

Did they store them in an oven or outside? Surely the heads falling off is an assembly issue, do AG build clubs for customers?
100% down to American golf. You bought from AG not TM, so AG must put it right for you. TM's responsibility is to put it right for AG, but thats between them and not your problem. Surprised you were talking to TM at all. You had no transaction with TM.

Dazc

Visit site
Initially American Golf weren't much help at all and tried to get me to trade them in against a new set offered £230 when paid £469 8 months ago. That's why I engaged with TaylorMade

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Initially American Golf weren't much help at all and tried to get me to trade them in against a new set offered £230 when paid £469 8 months ago. That's why I engaged with TaylorMade

That's standard trying to pull the wool over people's eyes with their rights

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m also sure that the current sets of m4’s through ag are a lower quality rebranded set exclusively sold through AG, rather like the relaunched cobra SZ or old Wilson deep reds. If that’s the case you done extremely well to get TM to fix directly.

Unfortunately £500 in todays market doesn’t buy a lot, you’d be looking a 2-3 season old premier clubs.

Dazc

Visit site
I’m also sure that the current sets of m4’s through ag are a lower quality rebranded set exclusively sold through AG, rather like the relaunched cobra SZ or old Wilson deep reds. If that’s the case you done extremely well to get TM to fix directly.

Unfortunately £500 in todays market doesn’t buy a lot, you’d be looking a 2-3 season old premier clubs.
Yes the old saying you get what you pay for 😆

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

They are still a TM product though so they should support them.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried tweeting Taylormade?

I bought a tm cart bag from sports direct a few years ago before I started playing every week and throughout winter, fair weather golfer personified. Around 8-9 months after buying it, which was only maybe 10 rounds, a clippy bit broke off. I tweeted sports direct, they gave me a fob offy type response, so I tweeted them back and copied Taylormade in.

Tm replied within a couple of days asking for my address via dm, and within a couple of days I had a brand new bag direct from them.

Might be worth a try.

Dazc

Visit site
I've been in touch with taylormade they said the majority of the heads were loose so they've re-glued them as they said that covers their warranty and passed it over to American Golf. Who in the right mind would be happy to buy something brand new and it develop a fault after 3 months then even bigger fault after 8 months and then be told here you are with done a fix get on with it.?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been in touch with taylormade they said the majority of the heads were loose so they've re-glued them as they said that covers their warranty and passed it over to American Golf. Who in the right mind would be happy to buy something brand new and it develop a fault after 3 months then even bigger fault after 8 months and then be told here you are with done a fix get on with it.?
Well, if they are fixed, they are fixed.
Might have been better to stand your ground and demand a refund rather than allow them to be sent off to be fixed, no?
They should be fine now though.

Dazc

Visit site
Well, if they are fixed, they are fixed.
Might have been better to stand your ground and demand a refund rather than allow them to be sent off to be fixed, no?
They should be fine now though.
They said the policy is to be sent off to original manufacturer thats why

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you buy a car and something comes off because it was not glued properly and can be fixed by regluing would you expect to get a replacement car instead?

Loose heads is an uncommon fault and regluing is the simple fix.

I have built clubs for years and sometimes you get a poor batch of glue so the head becomes loose never had a problem once it has been reglued with another batch of glue.

Dazc

Visit site
Car at 30k and a set of clubs at £500 are hardly a comparison 🤣. Seeing as you can't use a club without a head on !
Anyway update just returned from American golf and they've exchanged for sim2 max. They admitted its what they should have done in the first place, seems persistence pays off.😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car at 30k and a set of clubs at £500 are hardly a comparison 🤣. Seeing as you can't use a club without a head on !
Anyway update just returned from American golf and they've exchanged for sim2 max. They admitted its what they should have done in the first place, seems persistence pays off.😁

Did you have to have it replaced by a TM product? I'd of held out for something else considering the last set fell apart

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So the whole time you was just after a later model for free?