Glastonbury 2023

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Guns and Roses were dreadful, Axl has no voices, slash was amazing. Artic Monkeys sucked, slow and poor crowd interaction made it seem thye did not really want to be there. Now Fat Boy Slim and Rick Astley were great as were Sparks. Like most festivals you have good and bad

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To be slightly fair, an awful lot of them will be very unwashed unless it rains..... ;)

My lass is too resourceful to let a lack of rainfall impact on the stench emanating from her armpits. She has a couple of packets of baby wipes with her.

😎

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I always enjoy the Glastonbury coverage. I agree. Not seen much that that's blown me away and seen some that was dreadful, to me.
Watched a bit of GnR last night. I lasted 10 minutes. Didn't help that Axl looks and sounds like an elderly woman.
For years I've considered going, but lacked support from friends I thought would be up for it. Seeing quite a lot of 50-somethings like me there this weekend I've decided it's best left to the young'uns. They look like pitiful old people trying too hard.
Went to see GnR at the spuds stadium last year and we left after 40 mins as the sound was awful.

Time hasn’t been kind to Axel

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
GNR weren't that bad, Slash still has it. The Lightning Seeds were excellent.
I don't whats wrong with the older artists still trying to rock it out and show the youngsters that playing their own instruments is just as good as 5 guys/gals standing in a ling singing a harmony

D-S

Visit site
The Elton John tribute looks and sounds nothing like him.

Edit I am rather enjoying it though.

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guns and Roses were dreadful, Axl has no voices, slash was amazing. Artic Monkeys sucked, slow and poor crowd interaction made it seem thye did not really want to be there. Now Fat Boy Slim and Rick Astley were great as were Sparks. Like most festivals you have good and bad
I like Artic Monkeys but their latest album, the Car, is absolute drivel.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't watched any of the coverage, no interest, but there was a clip on the news last night with a scattering of women on shoulders of people, obviously blocking the view of others. What is the etiquette there? Are they fair game as targets, I'm thinking coconut shy type thing, or do people just accept that as part of a festival?