getting into golf at age 25

Martybhoy1984

Visit site
Hi could you please tell me how i go about joining my local golf club and play amature golf and maybe go pro at age 25 with no golf experiance what so ever but love the sport very much.? ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It depends on your natural ability and what your handicap/playing level is now. If you are able to get it round near par then you might still have a shot as a pro but if you are starting the game as a beginner or returning then unless you have a natural ability, plenty of time to practice, access to a good coach etc then the chances are slim.

To join a local club my suggestion would be to give the secretary a call and see if there are 7 day (or 5 days dependant on how often you can get out and play) vacancies and get them to send an application pack. Some clubs still have the traditional proposer and seconder rules so check at the time. If you are lucky they might even let you have a look round and play nine holes first

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Where abouts you live Marty? I take it that its around Glasgow somewhere?

Some clubs are doing very good deals right now for under 30's.

Soane

Hacker
Visit site
I first picked up a golf club last August, railed the driving range and local par 3 nine-holers, took a couple of lessons, joined my current club in July and posted a H/C of 19 all at the tender age of 39. I put loads of hours in and played almost every weekend and I'm still learning. Will I be a Pro? Never. Can I be a competative amateur, yes.