Garage full of clubs

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is it just me or has everyone got a garage full of golf clubs?

After me buying the wife a new driver and fw wood the wife is talking about giving it up. I took a look at ways I might sell those (almost new ) clubs (ebay / golfbidder) and then I looked at all the other clubs in the garage from all the years past where I bought a new XXX and refused to accpet the pitiful px price and then too idle to put them on ebay.

What we need (what I need) is a local website (30 miles) where I can list my stuff and deliver it for a cash handover (buyer sees the club is as describd and hands over the cash) .

Smoj

Visit site
Sounds like Gumtree/FB marketplace would be useful.

If I'm selling a few clubs I often sell them to golf clubs 4 cash, as it's very easy and straightforward and normally I use the DPD house pick up so I don't need to leave the house (plus had some terrible experiences with DPD drop-off shops, so tend to avoid them like the plague)

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve just sold a few golf bits and bobs on Facebook marketplace, made just over £400. Aside from a couple of chancers it was all nice and easy, the lot gone within a few days…well, all but 1 wedge.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't keep any clubs I'm not going to use. I've sold most on eBay, or included them in part exchanges for new clubs. I only have one or two in the cupboard but those are ones which are pretty much worthless so no point selling.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Is it just me or has everyone got a garage full of golf clubs?

Not me, because I don't have a garage. ;)

SDC11442.JPG SDC11447.JPG

The Loft.JPG

Those photos are from some time ago.

Last edited:

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took mine to Golfclubs4cash in Warrington and got a good price for them. They will give you credit or a bank transfe.

D

Deleted member 31467

I don't keep any clubs I'm not going to use. I've sold most on eBay, or included them in part exchanges for new clubs. I only have one or two in the cupboard but those are ones which are pretty much worthless so no point selling.
Is ebay any good for 'nearly new' shoes?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It certainly adds to the very questionable environmental cost of golf. A great portion of 'upgraded from' clubs, perfectly usable, probably just as good as the day they were bought, ending up unused. The real crime being, they werent even an improvement at all...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
It certainly adds to the very questionable environmental cost of golf. A great portion of 'upgraded from' clubs, perfectly usable, probably just as good as the day they were bought, ending up unused. The real crime being, they werent even an improvement at all...
I'm doing my best to rectify that, but there are a limited amount of hours in the week, you know. :D

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last year our pro organised for a guy from a second hand golf company to come to the club. Those that partook took their scrap metal to the club and the guy assessed their value. If you agreed with the assessment this payment went onto your pro shop account. A good deal for the pro and a convenient way of ditching your old clubs without the hassle.