Gamers

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Preordered Hogwarts Legacy and played before release and haven't picked up another game to play since. I think it is a very good game and is up there with other great open world games. I just love the wizarding elements, broomstick, fantastic beasts etc etc.

If you like open world games and want to experience being a witch or wizard; I say crack on and get it :)

Agree, really enjoying it. Suspect I am not too far from the end of the main game but I have also done quite a chunk of the side stuff. May spend the weekend sweeping a bit more stuff up before I try and finish the main quest as I think I will try for the platinum trophy on this one.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw a review of a Horizon spin off for the new PS VR. Apparently it looks spectacular
Played the demo and it’s quite amazing. Some interesting mechanics like climbing. Though reaching back for each arrow to reload might be realistic but is a bit OTT if your aim is bad and it takes 40 arrows to down a machine. :)

In any case, from my short experience, I would say that VR is not for everyone - check the Reddit if you consider buying.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn again earlier to finally get platinum which I’d not really bothered with as the Hunting Grounds were so frustrating.
Smashed them all off within a couple of hours by lowering the difficulty 🤭
Really enjoyed that couple of hours play, it’s a superb game 👌

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Horizon Forbidden West. Played that and God of War. Now gone back in time, started playing Borderlands for 1st time.
Borderlands 3 is possibly the best game I've ever played. Absolutely loved it. I was a disappointed that Tiny Tina's Wonderlands didn't really live up to it.

Unfortunately we played BL3 first, so we went back and tried BL2 afterwards, so it just felt it was missing something compared to the newer game. Wish I'd experienced BL1 and BL2 back when they came out.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Agree, really enjoying it. Suspect I am not too far from the end of the main game but I have also done quite a chunk of the side stuff. May spend the weekend sweeping a bit more stuff up before I try and finish the main quest as I think I will try for the platinum trophy on this one.

I have absolutely smashed this game. I was off last week and was up till 2am some mornings without even realising :ROFLMAO:

Only down side for me is that 100% completion is quite achievable - GTA never feels like you've completed it.

Fingers crossed we get some expansions or something in the coming years.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Decided to get a Steam Deck which arrived last week, something to have with me whilst travelling etc. I've found it brilliant and have actually used it far more than I thought I would even around the house. Have been playing Portal 2 and High on Life (the latter is very funny) whilst I wait for the new EA PGA Tour.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have absolutely smashed this game. I was off last week and was up till 2am some mornings without even realising :ROFLMAO:

Only down side for me is that 100% completion is quite achievable - GTA never feels like you've completed it.

Fingers crossed we get some expansions or something in the coming years.

I have finished the main quest, all the side quests, all of the challenges and now just need to see if I want to go back and get the last 8 field guide pages, the last 4 demiguise and the last dozen collection chests to 100% it. May do that at the weeikend.

Jason.H

Visit site
Any sim racers on here? I,m thinking about getting a sim package just wondering if others have any recommendations with regards a sim set up. F1, GT touring cars are of interest.

Swango1980

Visit site
Borderlands 3 is possibly the best game I've ever played. Absolutely loved it. I was a disappointed that Tiny Tina's Wonderlands didn't really live up to it.

Unfortunately we played BL3 first, so we went back and tried BL2 afterwards, so it just felt it was missing something compared to the newer game. Wish I'd experienced BL1 and BL2 back when they came out.
Interesting how people see things differently. I'm playing the extras now on Borderlands 1. I do like it, building up character, getting better weapons and shields, etc. Though hard to follow the story, so I just feel like I'm going from Point A to Point B, killing enemies on the way. At this point, told my mate I was playing it, who originally recommended Borderlands. He actually said the second one is the best one, but he didn't like the 3rd one at all.

Swango1980

Visit site
O yeah, I've started playing another game in parallel. Spiderman, Miles Morales. Looks decent, although very early in. I'm wondering if I will get used to all the different button combinations for combat.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any sim racers on here? I,m thinking about getting a sim package just wondering if others have any recommendations with regards a sim set up. F1, GT touring cars are of interest.

Sort of. What I mean by that is that my two sons are avid sim racers in F1 with decent racing wheels each. I do GT7 but with the controller.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I have finished the main quest, all the side quests, all of the challenges and now just need to see if I want to go back and get the last 8 field guide pages, the last 4 demiguise and the last dozen collection chests to 100% it. May do that at the weeikend.

See that's what I mean, its been out a few weeks and you're already there! I'm not far behind!

Not sure what will bring me back to it once I've done 100% - which is a great shame, because the game itself is class

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
O yeah, I've started playing another game in parallel. Spiderman, Miles Morales. Looks decent, although very early in. I'm wondering if I will get used to all the different button combinations for combat.

Yes, it does click. Played Spiderman on the PS4 so had to try this on the PS5 as it was part of the essentials collection. I actually prefer it, the shorter storyline works better for me.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
See that's what I mean, its been out a few weeks and you're already there! I'm not far behind!

Not sure what will bring me back to it once I've done 100% - which is a great shame, because the game itself is class

It would need some decent DLC but with all the basics in place, you could have a new story set generations further on without too much effort I guess.

Not sure what it is but since I moved on to the PS5 I have been pushing to get the platinum trophy on everything that does not require online trophies or multiple replays on different levels (though I think i need to start the game as each house to get 3 of my missing trophies). I am about 50 odd hours into it, maybe a bit more, but have been playing since the day of release.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s it like any good? Been meaning to play it for ages but keep getting sidetracked by other games lol.

Bascially a slightly faster paced Batman Arkham game in a Spiderman suit. Good fun. That and the orignal Spiderman are both pretty decent and there is a sequel due this year.

I am geting a bit of a backlog, especially with the rate of releases on Gamepass. Got Hi-Fi Rush to finish and Atomic Heart and Wo Lang downloaded plus still got Ragnarok on PS5 that I was given for Xmas and I have had Demon Souls sat there for ages but not sure I have the commitment to see it through.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting how people see things differently. I'm playing the extras now on Borderlands 1. I do like it, building up character, getting better weapons and shields, etc. Though hard to follow the story, so I just feel like I'm going from Point A to Point B, killing enemies on the way. At this point, told my mate I was playing it, who originally recommended Borderlands. He actually said the second one is the best one, but he didn't like the 3rd one at all.
I have noticed this is the consensus on the Borderlands Reddit. I think most people who played the games in order just disliked the storyline and the villains of the 3rd game. Since we played that one first, we loved the gameplay and gun dynamics, so going back to the older games before they'd made certain additions just means it felt not as good. (I say 'we' because I played the whole storyline as a 2 player campaign with my wife - another reason I loved it as there are so few games nowadays that you can still do this.)

Jason.H

Visit site
Sort of. What I mean by that is that my two sons are avid sim racers in F1 with decent racing wheels each. I do GT7 but with the controller.

I have a PS5 with F1 22 only tried it a couple of times as I really dont like using the controller for driving . It’s been unused in the front room for 2 years 😂.
My golf pp is into sim racing so I’m going round to have a go this evening so will see his set up and probably judge if the experience is worth me investing.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a PS5 with F1 22 only tried it a couple of times as I really dont like using the controller for driving . It’s been unused in the front room for 2 years 😂.
My golf pp is into sim racing so I’m going round to have a go this evening so will see his set up and probably judge if the experience is worth me investing.

A decent sim wheel is much better for precise racing. Takes getting used to though!

Swango1980

Visit site
What’s it like any good? Been meaning to play it for ages but keep getting sidetracked by other games lol.
Only really started it this week, so only a couple of hours in. Very good so far. I sort of wish I knew the geography of New York well, as it is very satisfying swinging through New York, and climbing some well known landmarks to get a good view. Would be good to know just how realistic it is :)