Gamers

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
For a 12 year old, could go for the series S, upgrade on the one s and only £180. As long as you are happy to go digital only

I have the Series X, its literally just faster and produces better graphics but nothing mind blowing.

Older Games load pretty quickly - New games made for the X like Fifa and Cod are slightly slower

Thats about it....

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the Series X, its literally just faster and produces better graphics but nothing mind blowing.

Older Games load pretty quickly - New games made for the X like Fifa and Cod are slightly slower

Thats about it....

So probably not worth the £540 pound then ??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So probably not worth the £540 pound then ??

Its one of those - eventually you'll have to replace but while they are still releasing games on both Xbox X/S and the Xbox One - there isn't much point! There are no insane benefits to changing sooner!

MACM85

Visit site
Just finished God of War Ragnarok with 100% completion and Platinum trophy. Was a very good game and well worth playing if you're on playstation

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just finished God of War Ragnarok with 100% completion and Platinum trophy. Was a very good game and well worth playing if you're on playstation

I’ll get it when it’s come down in price, finished the first one as it was free to play with PS Plus but I didn’t enjoy it enough to throw £60 at the new game.
Went back to Ghost Of Tsushima yesterday to try and easy my hangover from Saturday night lol, really enjoying it ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ll get it when it’s come down in price, finished the first one as it was free to play with PS Plus but I didn’t enjoy it enough to throw £60 at the new game.
Went back to Ghost Of Tsushima yesterday to try and easy my hangover from Saturday night lol, really enjoying it ?

I was also not as big a fan of God of War. I played it straight after Ghosts of Tsushima and I found the pace a bit slow and the character movement a bit cumbersome. I am also one who will be waiting until it gets a bit cheaper.

Currently in a race to platinum Assassins Creed Valhalla as I understand that it is coming off Playstation Plus Extra on 20th December. I think I am far enough through to do it in time

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
There isn’t that much content is there or have they done a massive update?
Never have I been so disappointed in a game as I was with GT7 ?

I think it depends on what you define as content. There is lots to do within each track itself ("Circuit Experience"), there are Missions, there are Cafe Menu items and not forgetting the on-line part (which I don't do).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it depends on what you define as content. There is lots to do within each track itself ("Circuit Experience"), there are Missions, there are Cafe Menu items and not forgetting the on-line part (which I don't do).

I am lucky in that I have a PS5 and an Xbox Series X and for racing games that suit my style, I felt that Forza overtook GT a long time ago and the addition of Horizon as an arcade style alternative is even better. With a new Forza due in April, I will hold off the latest GT but would be interested to try it if it comes to PS Plus Extra.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am lucky in that I have a PS5 and an Xbox Series X and for racing games that suit my style, I felt that Forza overtook GT a long time ago and the addition of Horizon as an arcade style alternative is even better. With a new Forza due in April, I will hold off the latest GT but would be interested to try it if it comes to PS Plus Extra.

I haven't played Forza, so can't compare myself. I am a bit old school in the driving game dept., having played most of the GT series but no other main competitors. I also 'drive' via the controller and not a wheel (kids have those!)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I haven't played Forza, so can't compare myself. I am a bit old school in the driving game dept., having played most of the GT series but no other main competitors. I also 'drive' via the controller and not a wheel (kids have those!)

Forza Horizon is by far the better game these days. I'm old schools PS and Gran Turismo but compared to Forza these days they have fallen a long way behind. I have both as well. GT just feels so lifeless and soulless these days

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forza Horizon is by far the better game these days. I'm old schools PS and Gran Turismo but compared to Forza these days they have fallen a long way behind. I have both as well. GT just feels so lifeless and soulless these days

Am I right in thinking Forza is XBox only? Same as GT7 is PS only? DriveClub was another PS4 driving game - I have it for PS4 but never tried it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I right in thinking Forza is XBox only? Same as GT7 is PS only? DriveClub was another PS4 driving game - I have it for PS4 but never tried it.

Yes, you are correct, Forza and Forza Horizon are Xbox only.

Driveclub was great once it was fully patched, Sadly the servers have been turned off now.