Gamers

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to be a massive gamer, steering wheel, chair. COD4 tattoo, was something like 7th or 8th in the world for kill count on MW2.
Had the fastest time on Wip3out on one of the tracks and a fairly high place on Monaco on F12011.

Most I do now is pretend I’m an ATC and direct flight or ground traffic.

That’s some going on MW2 ? I was top 100 on win/lose ratio at Hardpoint on MW2, miss that game so much.
Got a steering wheel a few months back ready for GT7, can’t wait for that to be released.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used to be a massive gamer, steering wheel, chair. COD4 tattoo, was something like 7th or 8th in the world for kill count on MW2.
Had the fastest time on Wip3out on one of the tracks and a fairly high place on Monaco on F12011.

I propose you as the leader of our OldGolfersGame clan!

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site

On a serious note, if you get back into this you can make a living out of it as a “content creator” on YT. Jackfrags does well, as an example.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go on then, spill the beans.

One of two we won for Crackdown on Xbox 360. Seems like a lifetime ago now, I have worked on bigger and better games but that one was the best fun to make, it formed some lifelong friendships and was what persuaded me to settle in Scotland. So that one means a lot more than just a lump of heavy brass.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Golf drops to the bottom of my list of hobbies over winter. I hate playing off mats on fairways and temp greens as well as being cold and wet etc.

Gaming goes up my list, barely play in summer and when it’s miserable outside I turn on the PC. I’ve built a racing sim rig and currently playing a lot of Assetto Corsa, must admit it’s saved me a fortune in real life track time which I also enjoy.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my last set of nights I treated myself to a gaming laptop.. love it

I just picked up all the arkham games for £12.99 via CDkeys

what a great site that is

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a World of Warcraft addict. I've tried reducing my hours. I've tried going cold turkey. Now I just accept my addiction.

For the Horde!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really enjoyed GOW, some of the boss battles were solid.
I’m still ploughing through Horizon, finished the Frozen Wilds and done all the side quests, just got two or three main story chapters to do. Hell of a game.

Thinking whether i should pick up a cheap copy of Horizon to play before the new one. Can thoroughly recommend Ghost of Tsushima

Springveldt

Visit site
my last set of nights I treated myself to a gaming laptop.. love it

I just picked up all the arkham games for £12.99 via CDkeys

what a great site that is
Brilliant games, I've completed them all.
You should hide your wallet come Steam sales time, I've got over 100 games in my Steam library that I've never even played. :oops:

Currently playing Spider-Man on PS5 which I'm really enjoying. Well I play that in-between my bouts of FIFA rage which is the main game I play unfortunately. Terrible game this year but I'm addicted to it as usual.

Since COVID started and working from home I play a lot less on my PC since I'm a software engineer and spend a lot of time sitting at the PC. By the time I've finished I need a change of scenery so I moved my consoles to the living rooms and play them more now. Console used to be for FIFA only really and all other gaming was on PC but the last couple of years I've started playing more on consoles again. I haven't even start up Civilization 6 in ages, haven't played CS:GO in nearly a year etc.

One of two we won for Crackdown on Xbox 360. Seems like a lifetime ago now, I have worked on bigger and better games but that one was the best fun to make, it formed some lifelong friendships and was what persuaded me to settle in Scotland. So that one means a lot more than just a lump of heavy brass.
Congrats on a great game. Crackdown 2 was fun as well, pretty sure I've still got that disc in the spare room somewhere.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Crackdown on the 350 was a classic, such a shame about Crackdown 3 though.

Though I have both a PS5 and a Series X, Xbox has always been my favourite platform and Gamepass is just the biggest bargain ever. Playing the PS5 at the moment to catch up on some PS4 exclusives I missed that are part of the Playstation Plus classics collection. Hoping that they add Horizon Zero Dawn to that to help promote the new game.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently playing Spider-Man on PS5 which I'm really enjoying. Well I play that in-between my bouts of FIFA rage which is the main game I play unfortunately. Terrible game this year but I'm addicted to it as usual.

I can't get anywhere with FIFA22. Last year (FIFA21) I was up to Div 3 on-line 'Seasons', but this year I'm in Div 9-10. :cry:. Sometimes I get matched with PSG, Bayern, etc. and they are twice as fast, aggressive etc. Matching isn't great IMHO.

Springveldt

Visit site
I can't get anywhere with FIFA22. Last year (FIFA21) I was up to Div 3 on-line 'Seasons', but this year I'm in Div 9-10. :cry:. Sometimes I get matched with PSG, Bayern, etc. and they are twice as fast, aggressive etc. Matching isn't great IMHO.
I only play FUT, haven't played Seasons for a couple of years now. Managed to get to the Elite division in Rivals last season which isn't bad for an old guy.

For me, it's the responsiveness of the game that's poor. The servers are a mess. Some games your AI team mates run around like they are on crack and others they just stand around doing nothing, it's like the AI failed to load or it's been turned down to Beginner from Legendary. Then you have the whole input delay, players not turning, passes going where ever they feel like it etc. Just a really frustrating experience. Unfortunately it's so addictive as well, really hard to kick it. I did managed to not buy FIFA 20 but bought 21 and got hooked again.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats on a great game. Crackdown 2 was fun as well, pretty sure I've still got that disc in the spare room somewhere.
Crackdown on the 350 was a classic, such a shame about Crackdown 3 though.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. I'm proud of a lot of what we did with Crackdown 2 technically, it could have / should have been a better game overall though. It ended up being a very marmite experience, people either loved it or hated it. One nice CD2 memory that came back to me recently was meeting Hideo Kojima during breakfast in Tokyo and, I'm such a fanboy, I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. :D

Wish I could talk openly about Crackdown 3 but "such a shame" is a huge understatement. ?