Flags Out????

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I Agree that the player should have the option to putt with the flag in or flag out, but putting the burden on someone else who is nothing to do with you to attend the flag is outdated, I had to do this for a playing partner before with freezing cold rain hammering down, if you have a caddy you are paying then fair enough, but don't asked me, I want to get on with my game and MY routine

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I Agree that the player should have the option to putt with the flag in or flag out, but putting the burden on someone else who is nothing to do with you to attend the flag is outdated, I had to do this for a playing partner before with freezing cold rain hammering down, if you have a caddy you are paying then fair enough, but don't asked me, I want to get on with my game and MY routine

Watch out, you might be accused of talking pish. ???

D

Deleted member 15344

Do we no longer care about others on the golf course ? What about other people’s routine - I guess you are ok to ignore others as long as yours is ok - or is it not about compromise and ensure all your playing partners are comfortable on the course.

Or is it just about the singular attitude and blanking out everyone else

It’s supposed to be a social gentlemans game with respect and integrity towards fellow golfers

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do you help your playing partners to look for their balls in the rough?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Do we no longer care about others on the golf course ? What about other people’s routine - I guess you are ok to ignore others as long as yours is ok - or is it not about compromise and ensure all your playing partners are comfortable on the course.

It’s supposed to be a social gentlemans game with respect and integrity towards fellow golfers
Well said sir!

Steve Wilkes

Visit site

Two can play at that game, I do care about others , that's why I would never ask a player to walk maybe 30 yards to attend a pin for me. In all seriousness Phil I was just using an example above, trying to prove flag attending is a selfish thing to ask for when there's no need. I will do whatever my playing partners needed

D

Deleted member 1147

Played with a low index yest (3.4).. he didn't seem to struggle with them in

Didn't get one complaint about them or "can't wait for it to return to normal"

Wasn't slow player either .. refreshing
Why would he be slow, he isn’t taking many shots
It’s the high handicappers taking 90 to 100 shots per round, losing balls etc that takes a lot of time

D

Deleted member 15344

Two can play at that game, I do care about others , that's why I would never ask a player to walk maybe 30 yards to attend a pin for me. In all seriousness Phil I was just using an example above, trying to prove flag attending is a selfish thing to ask for when there's no need. I will do whatever my playing partners needed

30 yards ? Why 30 yards and let’s be honest how many times will it really happen to that extreme ? I have been asked once or twice maybe and done it with no issues , it doesn’t harm me or indeed anyone , it’s not selfish just like having the flag in or out isn’t selfish or wanting someone not to stand behind you or someone who likes to tee off first or last etc etc - we all have our quirks on the golf course and each one of us works around each other’s quirks.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Do you help your playing partners to look for their balls in the rough?
I think your mixing me up with 99% of other golfers, I always help look for opponents balls for as long as they want me to, replace 2 to 3 other players divots per hole, the same amount of pitch marks, let faster players through etc. etc.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think your mixing me up with 99% of other golfers, I always help look for opponents balls for as long as they want me to, replace 2 to 3 other players divots per hole, the same amount of pitch marks, let faster players through etc. etc.
No not at all, you said you wouldn't tend a flag I just wondered what other things you wouldn't do to help out your playing partners.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
No not at all, you said you wouldn't tend a flag I just wondered what other things you wouldn't do to help out your playing partners.
Sorry guys, I think my original post came out all wrong and not in the context it was meant, I'm a very considerate playing partner which I will let you judge if we ever get the pleasure to partner, just think flag attending is unnecessary with the new rules changes of last year and can't think of any example why this would be needed. once again I apologise if this is against the grain.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry guys, I think my original post came out all wrong and not in the context it was meant, I'm a very considerate playing partner which I will let you judge if we ever get the pleasure to partner, just think flag attending is unnecessary with the new rules changes of last year and can't think of any example why this would be needed. once again I apologise if this is against the grain.

Don't apologise, you are correct some people just can't cope with change its hard

Also you can't help your post being picked on by the resident devils advocate

If only his team were winning he might be less bored