Flags Out????

sunshine

Visit site
What about before Covid and for people that don’t have a smart phone ?

Have we got to the point where entry via app becomes mandatory? Society has moved on, buses and tubes in London have been cashless for years. Even my 81 year old dad has a smartphone, I don't think it's unreasonable to make electronic entry the only option today.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Yeah, the pro's would love that....
A few years ago at the Memorial Jack introduced rakes with W shaped tines instead of the normal thin vertical ones, they left furrows in the sand. Jack's stated intention was to introduce an element of hazard back into bunkers.

The following year he re-introduced the normal rakes following a hissy fit by the Tour pro's. Even the great Jack Nicklaus was cowed into submission by those who need pampering most.

D

Deleted member 15344

This 1000% add infinity. cement them in!

Always got to ensure you cover the requirements for all players

Some want them in
some want them out
some want them tended

When May comes along it wouldn’t surprise me to see flags being allowed to be touched and that’s when everyone can have their preferred choice

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So having it out makes you a bad player?
Played with a low index yest (3.4).. he didn't seem to struggle with them in

Didn't get one complaint about them or "can't wait for it to return to normal"

Wasn't slow player either .. refreshing
And i bet there's just as many good players prefer them out. Just watch tv, how many tour pro's have them left in?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So having it out makes you a bad player?

And i bet there's just as many good players prefer them out. Just watch tv, how many tour pro's have them left in?

It's the "oh that would have dropped without the flag" well science proves you wrong .. just another excuse for a poor putt.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's the "oh that would have dropped without the flag" well science proves you wrong .. just another excuse for a poor putt.
How does it? Were the 'scientific putts' hit at different speeds, on different surfaces, and different angles to the hole/pin, or were they all fired directly at the middle of it at the same speed on a perfectly smooth surface? You dress it up how you like but I'll take Tiger and his mates words for it over some nerd who's probably no better than me. And if science actually proves it, why does the Scientist himself putt with it out??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How does it? Were the 'scientific putts' hit at different speeds, on different surfaces, and different angles to the hole/pin, or were they all fired directly at the middle of it at the same speed on a perfectly smooth surface? You dress it up how you like but I'll take Tiger and his mates words for it over some nerd who's probably no better than me. And if science actually proves it, why does the Scientist himself putt with it out??

He is quoted as saying he will be leaving it in as much as possible

https://mygolfspy.com/flagstick-in-flagstick-out-2019-new-golf-rules/

Screenshot_20210414-171100_Chrome.jpg

How can you argue with those results? Such a strong % of an advantage leaving it in.

If you notice byrson leaves it in from distance and removes from close..backed up by the above data.

Mandofred

Visit site
Person driving a bus......"I like driving fast.....I'm going around this corner at SPEED"!!....sane person says "but.....but....."

Sane person makes it around the corner....insane person driving the bus dies in a burst of flames.

Adjust to the conditions.....don't whine about it.....do the best you can with the conditions you have. The flags are in, insisting on putting "firmly" is madness. Adjust to the conditions.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Person driving a bus......"I like driving fast.....I'm going around this corner at SPEED"!!....sane person says "but.....but....."

Sane person makes it around the corner....insane person driving the bus dies in a burst of flames.

Adjust to the conditions.....don't whine about it.....do the best you can with the conditions you have. The flags are in, insisting on putting "firmly" is madness. Adjust to the conditions.

I always knew the advtange was high leaving it in but I didn't realise how high it actually was! Defo won't be returning to removing the flag where possible

If my pp removes it I won't make him return it

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I always knew the advtange was high leaving it in but I didn't realise how high it actually was! Defo won't be returning to removing the flag where possible

If my pp removes it I won't make him return it
I'm not sure the reason for in or out is to do with the pin helping the ball drop or not, but to do with the focus on the hole with the pin in or out, hope this makes sense (BTW I prefer the pin in)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So which is it? And i would guess 99% of golfers who prefer it out are talking about from short range

Personally I think the rule was mucked up when brought in

Out or in should be the option.

Attended should have been removed ..

If your far away that you need it in to see the hole it won't make a difference if it's left in. What's your make % anyways? So leave it in (save time wasting around the hole)

But when within 10 feet or whatever personal choice. If you want it out take it out , If you want in leave it in..